D.ChaosMS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game updates

View previous topic View next topic Go down

rocker72

Game updates Empty Game updates

Post by rocker72 Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:47 pm

okay, so when i play the game, it works and all, but the thing is, the game updates, i dont know how they work. so ive gone on and downloaded the updates from the site and then i ran them and it extracted the necessary files and put them into the same folder as the old setup application. it comes up saying a lot of the files are already there, and so i just say to let it move them in and replace the ones with the same name. but then i run the game and its exactly like before. like i go to the holy stone to pick my job builds, but its only the original ones. it doesnt have the mechanic or cannon blaster or guitarist or any of the others that ive seen come out on the updates page of the forum. am i just looking in the wrong place and it works fine? or is it that i did something wrong when i put in the files? i dont know why its not working.

Back to top Go down

Knives

Ultimate Member

Knives
Ultimate Member

Game updates Empty Re: Game updates

Post by Knives Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:27 am

Every custom job is a skill cover for normal jobs. The stone will only show the advancements as they were coded officially. The skills of those jobs, however, have been edited. (no more boring normal jobs!) Here's how it works:
Let's use corsair for this example. Say you have the custom files, and kill something with Invisible Shot. It won't be Invisible Shot. It will be a huge, murderous laser of death that scorches EVERYTHING in your path. Or, you reach the 4th advancement and board the battleship... It's not a battleship. It's the mech, and your flamethrower corsair skill became your giant hammer of destruction. The damage the attacks have aren't changed, however. Understand how it works?
Here's a list of all job covers:
Evan-Bishop
Dual Blade (Chaos Reorganization)-Shadower
Cannon Shooter-Corsair (on ground)
Mechanic-Corsair (mounted, certain skills are replaced when mounted)
Battle Mage-Ice/Lightning Mage
Wild Hunter-Crossbow Master
Singer-Assassin
Angel-spearman
Guitarist EX-Brawler
Gamer-Hero
Demon-Paladin
Demon Slayer-Fire/Poison Mage (COMING SOON!)
Mercedes-Bowmaster
Aran is now the Chaos reorganization.
Cygnus hasn't been changed.

I hope this helped you. (Note: a lot of these jobs are still in Beta.)

Back to top Go down

Lucid

Lucid

Post by Lucid Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:11 am

Demon slayer is out btw.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top