D.ChaosMS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my very first anime character!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

xhero2503

Dedicated Member

xhero2503
Dedicated Member

my very first anime character! - Page 2 Empty Re: my very first anime character!

Post by xhero2503 Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:59 am

-See picture example-
Try to Copy
-Copy Finished-
-Read BlueCosmix's Post Again-
DAM i should not have copy but here you go since i already did it
Second Attempt
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

my very first anime character! - Page 2 Empty Re: my very first anime character!

Post by RayStormX Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:07 am

you would probably have better results by drawing the picture by hand, uploading it/scanning it, then going over the lines on a new layer then coloring it in another layer.
if you're still drawing by mouse, try using the line tool and the curved line tool for the face.

you can draw the nose more correctly by trying an upside-down 7.
try drawing the ears. they're usually placed at or just below eye level. a simple C shape should do the trick.

don't be afraid to draw more features of the face.

question: are you reading up on how to draw? It could help you improve by knowing how to do things.

Back to top Go down

AndroidS3x

Dedicated Member

AndroidS3x
Dedicated Member

Post by AndroidS3x Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:48 am

In all honesty it does look a bit girly. You need to work on your lines, they look a bit choppy. And i reccommend you just take more time with your art. The more practice you get the better it will turn out.

Back to top Go down

xhero2503

Dedicated Member

xhero2503
Dedicated Member

Post by xhero2503 Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:28 am

I am afraid to draw big things.especially nose and ear.i think I should start drawing snowman before drawing anime

Back to top Go down

Neige

Neige

Post by Neige Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:03 am

Snowman aren't really going to help you get better imo.. You need to keep practicing more that's all. Just start of on paper first not on the comp. Easy as that.

Back to top Go down

[In]sane

Head GFX

[In]sane
Head GFX

Post by [In]sane Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:06 am

As much as I want to give a good CnC on this, I just cant. I would strongly recommend you to use a Pencil & Paper and start drawing from there, scan, upload and show us here. Unless you wan't to spend a good deal of your life learning the art of drawing with a mouse, then good luck with that.
For starters I would give you some pointers: Practice drawing SHAPES. Basic SHAPES are the essential part of any drawing. Even professional artists use guidelines and basic SHAPES before applying a greater deal of details on their work.

Trust me, it helps you to perceive your drawing better and to get a better idea on the placement of the features.

Since you are starting off, I would recommend you to draw simple CIRCLES. CIRCLES is the second most common shape when it comes to human anatomy, next to rectangles.
my very first anime character! - Page 2 Facete10

To apply the shine to the eye, it is more common to add the shine on opposite side of each eye away from the object the eye is looking at.
SHINE IS ONLY TO BE APPLIED IN 1 DIRECTION TO BOTH EYES. THEY DO NOT REVERSE WHEN YOU DRAW THE 2ND EYE.
In a 3/4 view the eye on the side of the face further from you should appear more compressed then the original.

In conclusion, keep practicing and redrawing. Master simple shapes before moving on to more complex structures. As some people say, when it comes to drawing manga
the 2 most difficult features to draw are the hands and EYES. This is my own personal experience during my years of drawing manga.
So keep practicing and don't give up!

BlueCosmix wrote:You Need ALOT Of work, So i actually took 15 minutes out of my life, to show you some tricks artist uses in drawing faces, (I'll do the body next time lol) I'm not saying that this are the ONLY way of drawing, and please, Don't copy moi
style

my very first anime character! - Page 2 Untitled-4-2

CnC,

You need alot of Work, Its sloppy, -I'll work on CnC tmmr-

As for you, your description on for your tutorial is pretty vague.
It also appears to me your character lacks ears and eyebrows.
You should work on your own drawing before you teach others on how to do it...

Posts merged. Insane, dont double post. -Exp

Back to top Go down

fuckboiii.com

Ultimate Member

fuckboiii.com
Ultimate Member

Post by fuckboiii.com Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:11 am

[In]sane wrote:
BlueCosmix wrote:You Need ALOT Of work, So i actually took 15 minutes out of my life, to show you some tricks artist uses in drawing faces, (I'll do the body next time lol) I'm not saying that this are the ONLY way of drawing, and please, Don't copy moi
style

my very first anime character! - Page 2 Untitled-4-2

CnC,

You need alot of Work, Its sloppy, -I'll work on CnC tmmr-

As for you, your description on for your tutorial is pretty vague.
It also appears to me your character lacks ears and eyebrows.
You should work on your own drawing before you teach others on how to do it...

Lol, yep i was pretty much rushing. I have class in like 45 minutes when i made dat crap. I'll Post another one soon

Back to top Go down

Magnus

Ultimate Member

Magnus
Ultimate Member

Post by Magnus Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:30 am

[In]sane wrote:As much as I want to give a good CnC on this, I just cant. I would strongly recommend you to use a Pencil & Paper and start drawing from there, scan, upload and show us here. Unless you wan't to spend a good deal of your life learning the art of drawing with a mouse, then good luck with that.
For starters I would give you some pointers: Practice drawing SHAPES. Basic SHAPES are the essential part of any drawing. Even professional artists use guidelines and basic SHAPES before applying a greater deal of details on their work.

Trust me, it helps you to perceive your drawing better and to get a better idea on the placement of the features.

Since you are starting off, I would recommend you to draw simple CIRCLES. CIRCLES is the second most common shape when it comes to human anatomy, next to rectangles.

To apply the shine to the eye, it is more common to add the shine on opposite side of each eye away from the object the eye is looking at.
SHINE IS ONLY TO BE APPLIED IN 1 DIRECTION TO BOTH EYES. THEY DO NOT REVERSE WHEN YOU DRAW THE 2ND EYE.
In a 3/4 view the eye on the side of the face further from you should appear more compressed then the original.

In conclusion, keep practicing and redrawing. Master simple shapes before moving on to more complex structures. As some people say, when it comes to drawing manga
the 2 most difficult features to draw are the hands and EYES. This is my own personal experience during my years of drawing manga.

Insane. Y u double post.

Back to top Go down

Nikee

Ultimate Member

Nikee
Ultimate Member

Post by Nikee Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:34 am

Zero wrote:
[In]sane wrote:As much as I want to give a good CnC on this, I just cant. I would strongly recommend you to use a Pencil & Paper and start drawing from there, scan, upload and show us here. Unless you wan't to spend a good deal of your life learning the art of drawing with a mouse, then good luck with that.

Insane. Y u double post.

He was helping 2 different people. From looking at the double post. I can see why and understand why he would of double post.

Back to top Go down

RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

Post by RayStormX Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:27 am

kinda funny how the mods are policing the gfx section XD

Insane is spot on with his tips.

Back to top Go down

xhero2503

Dedicated Member

xhero2503
Dedicated Member

Post by xhero2503 Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:48 am

so you mean like this o-o
my very first anime character! - Page 2 Firstanime-2

look somehow odd i think i am just crazy o-o

Back to top Go down

[In]sane

Head GFX

[In]sane
Head GFX

Post by [In]sane Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:25 pm

xhero2503 wrote:so you mean like this o-o

You are getting it Cool
I would go in depth but for now I will keep it simple.
Eyes should be about 1 Eye apart from each other < You got that part right so thats good.
An easier way estimate the neck size in a full view would be to take the center of each pupil and draw a line down from there.
Your ears should be a bit bigger and add the folds inside of the ears as well; its not that hard.
Try to reduce the width between the ears and the eyes when drawing a full view.
Might I ask, where is the sideburns?
If you don't plan to draw them at least show us the shadow of evidence it being shaved off...from the looks of it, it seems his sideburns got pulled out.
Hair can be tricky to draw so I will leave that for another day.

Back to top Go down

fuckboiii.com

Ultimate Member

fuckboiii.com
Ultimate Member

Post by fuckboiii.com Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:38 pm

[In]sane wrote:
xhero2503 wrote:so you mean like this o-o

You are getting it Cool
I would go in depth but for now I will keep it simple.
Eyes should be about 1 Eye apart from each other < You got that part right so thats good.
An easier way estimate the neck size in a full view would be to take the center of each pupil and draw a line down from there.
Your ears should be a bit bigger and add the folds inside of the ears as well; its not that hard.
Try to reduce the width between the ears and the eyes when drawing a full view.
Might I ask, where is the sideburns?
If you don't plan to draw them at least show us the shadow of evidence it being shaved off...from the looks of it, it seems his sideburns got pulled out.
Hair can be tricky to draw so I will leave that for another day.

I Usually draw my Hair Stickin out at the back, Looks more Sexeh

Back to top Go down

xhero2503

Dedicated Member

xhero2503
Dedicated Member

Post by xhero2503 Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:10 pm

Adding more Detail or whatever things
my very first anime character! - Page 2 Firstanime-3

Btw can you help me with Ear folds i cant draw them when i make them i look weirdo

Back to top Go down

[In]sane

Head GFX

[In]sane
Head GFX

Post by [In]sane Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:29 am

my very first anime character! - Page 2 Eartes10
They come in many shapes and sizes and not just limited to these ^

As for your pic I do believe sideburns appear in front of the ears? =/
Extend the sides of your hairs longer so it doesn't look like he wearing a badly placed wig.
Also try to practice more on your own instead of always asking for guidance, try to observe your own drawing and tell yourself what you need to improve on.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top