D.ChaosMS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downloaded 8.0, D.Chaos wont start

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lucid

Lucid

Downloaded 8.0, D.Chaos wont start Empty Downloaded 8.0, D.Chaos wont start

Post by Lucid Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:56 pm

I haven't played this server in a while and wanted to get the new 8.0 files. I downloaded, extracted, and installed it without a problem, but whenever I try to start it, the process crashes with no error when I check it in task manager. I tried downloading the client again with no luck. Would I have to redownload the full client again or is this fixable?

Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

UzerFear

UzerFear

Downloaded 8.0, D.Chaos wont start Empty Re: Downloaded 8.0, D.Chaos wont start

Post by UzerFear Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:13 pm

you try right click-run as administrator? i have to do that

Back to top Go down

Lucid

Lucid

Post by Lucid Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:49 am

I would appreciate some help, I am still unable to play. I turned on UAC and ran as administrator, redownloaded and reinstalled the full client, redownloaded non-Hamachi, and it still won't run.

I deleted my previous post in order to bump this topic. I know Moderators can see my double post, so I apologize if I'm breaking the rules.

Back to top Go down

Relyt

Relyt

Post by Relyt Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:20 pm

I'm having the same problem. I re-downloaded and re-installed the full client, and tried to open the client as administrator, but all I get is a message that says. "Unable to connect to login server due to a server check, firewall block, or other issues" I have had no fireblock issues before this, nor any server issue. I started getting this error when a Donor (or a GM, not sure which) decided to bomb the channel 1 fm a few days ago and dc'd everyone in that map. Since then this error has come up.

Back to top Go down

Lucid

Lucid

Post by Lucid Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:01 pm

shadowduskz wrote:I'm having the same problem. I re-downloaded and re-installed the full client, and tried to open the client as administrator, but all I get is a message that says. "Unable to connect to login server due to a server check, firewall block, or other issues" I have had no fireblock issues before this, nor any server issue. I started getting this error when a Donor (or a GM, not sure which) decided to bomb the channel 1 fm a few days ago and dc'd everyone in that map. Since then this error has come up.

Login to the main site and try the warp character fix. If you can't login, have Alpha unstick you. Also, redownload the non-hamachi client. Report the donor if he has done this before.

My thing is that it doesn't even run for me. I can't even open the app and the process closes with no error. I looked at an error report in Action Center and found an APPCRASH/StackHash error. Some websites it says its a hardware problem, but my computer is brand new. I tried a clean boot and adding an exception to DEP, both didn't work. I'm starting to think it's a conflicting program that also uses dllhost.exe (which starts and closes out coinciding with the D.Chaos client) so I might have to do a clean reinstall of Windows or try it on another computer, neither of which I have immediate access to.

Well this sucks.

Back to top Go down

Relyt

Relyt

Post by Relyt Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:52 pm

CorvusCrow wrote:

Login to the main site and try the warp character fix. If you can't login, have Alpha unstick you. Also, redownload the non-hamachi client. Report the donor if he has done this before.

It works now. Thanks. Hope someone helps you with your problem too.

Back to top Go down

Lucid

Lucid

Post by Lucid Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:50 pm

I got it working on another computer (yay!) but I keep on getting an error after entering my PIC that says something along the lines of "Unable to connect to server, please try again later."

I don't know what's wrong, but I'm going to try PMing a GM. My IGN is Corvus just in case an owner notices this thread.

Also, I already have my loopback adapter disabled and downloaded the new client.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top