D.ChaosMS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My computer keeps shutting off when I play DChaos.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

popwned

My computer keeps shutting off when I play DChaos. Empty My computer keeps shutting off when I play DChaos.

Post by popwned Mon May 07, 2012 10:03 pm

Like the title says, It keeps shutting off and I have to keep turning it back on. It doesn't shut off for other private servers like Rydahms. It's only when I play DChaos. It's rather annoying. please help :/

Back to top Go down

вυттѕєcкѕ

Dedicated Member

вυттѕєcкѕ
Dedicated Member

My computer keeps shutting off when I play DChaos. Empty Re: My computer keeps shutting off when I play DChaos.

Post by вυттѕєcкѕ Tue May 08, 2012 10:07 pm

Do you mean it shuts down your computer completely? Or just disconnection?

Back to top Go down

popwned

My computer keeps shutting off when I play DChaos. Empty Re: My computer keeps shutting off when I play DChaos.

Post by popwned Tue May 08, 2012 11:03 pm

Buttsecks wrote:Do you mean it shuts down your computer completely? Or just disconnection?
shuts down completely. So it major freezes then shuts down

Back to top Go down

iSnipes

Ultimate Member

iSnipes
Ultimate Member

Post by iSnipes Wed May 09, 2012 9:54 am

popwned wrote:Like the title says, It keeps shutting off and I have to keep turning it back on. It doesn't shut off for other private servers like Rydahms. It's only when I play DChaos. It's rather annoying. please help :/

Elaborate please. Just completely shuts down, or a blue screen? Your computer could just be overheating since this server is heavily editted with the wz files.(DON'T EDIT THESE). If you're using a laptop, make sure you have 5 inches of space on each side of the laptop. If you're running on a desktop, put it on a hard surface. If it's on rug, put a wood plank under it.(A wood plank you buy at a store, not from a tree.)

Back to top Go down

popwned

Post by popwned Wed May 09, 2012 5:21 pm

iSnipes wrote:
popwned wrote:Like the title says, It keeps shutting off and I have to keep turning it back on. It doesn't shut off for other private servers like Rydahms. It's only when I play DChaos. It's rather annoying. please help :/

Elaborate please. Just completely shuts down, or a blue screen? Your computer could just be overheating since this server is heavily editted with the wz files.(DON'T EDIT THESE). If you're using a laptop, make sure you have 5 inches of space on each side of the laptop. If you're running on a desktop, put it on a hard surface. If it's on rug, put a wood plank under it.(A wood plank you buy at a store, not from a tree.)
Thank you~ that helped, but under the laptop I just need a flat surface so it doesn't heat up?

Back to top Go down

iSnipes

Ultimate Member

iSnipes
Ultimate Member

Post by iSnipes Wed May 09, 2012 6:00 pm

Yes. Put it on a flat surface. Not really glass since the heat stays in place. A regular wood desk could work. If it still does overheat, you'll have to replace your heatsink, which is about $70(You should do this or it'll just start overheating for just opening a random program). Or buy an external fan. The ones that you put under the laptop.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top