D.ChaosMS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GFX Section Rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[In]sane

Head GFX

[In]sane
Head GFX

GFX Section Rules Empty GFX Section Rules

Post by [In]sane Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:43 am

GFX SECTION FORUM RULES

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rule 1: Don't Steal people's work unless you ask the owner of sprites for the permission! It may hurt your reputution on server!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rule 2: Try to accept constructive critism and do not complain about your work being
disliked. If you bother to post it up, don't expect everyone to like it. Remember we are not an art forum but at least try not to be harsh on your critiques. Any CnC found to be offensive to the thread starter will be deleted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rule 3: Don't Flame on people's work!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rule 4: Don't go Off-Topic but you may add the On-Topic comment related together!

Rule 5: Don't Double post, Owner may Double post if they haven't gotten any comments after he/she updated the thread.

Rule 6: Don't Necropost, Owner of the thread may bump the thread if he/she updated it.

Rule 7: DO NOT POST ANY WORTHLESS STUFF HERE (30 minutes or lower then that of working shows yourself that you're a lazy or Show off person). That includes recoloring or hue color sprite or skills.

Rule 8:
This section is followed with the same rule of Dchao's forum rules but here's the thing I see on a lot of off-topic in people's post. Like this, "OMGSOPRO", "TEACH ME HOW TO DO YOUR WAYS", or one post comment like, "pro"

IF I SEE ANYBODY BREAKING THIS RULES, I WILL GO APE SHIT ON YOU.

By Hunter [HolyBelief]
Edited by Insane

Last Updated by [In]sane
March 20, 2012

Last edited by [In]sane on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:48 am; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

ジョンWZエディタ♬

Ultimate Member

ジョンWZエディタ♬
Ultimate Member

GFX Section Rules Empty Re: GFX Section Rules

Post by ジョンWZエディタ♬ Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:51 am

Would be nice if someone will sticky this o-o

Back to top Go down

xhero2503

Dedicated Member

xhero2503
Dedicated Member

Post by xhero2503 Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:12 am

after reading the rules i feel useless o-o i mean look i take 30 minute to do something that a pro spriter do in 1-10 minute

Back to top Go down

Knives

Ultimate Member

Knives
Ultimate Member

Post by Knives Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:45 am

I suggest adding stickied posts of each GFX's item rules.

Back to top Go down

xhero2503

Dedicated Member

xhero2503
Dedicated Member

Post by xhero2503 Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:20 pm

i have accounts on mapleguide and maplemation.So do we need to proof ourselve that we are?

Back to top Go down

DuskRavenX

Dedicated Member

DuskRavenX
Dedicated Member

Post by DuskRavenX Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:46 pm

xhero2503 wrote:i have accounts on mapleguide and maplemation.So do we need to proof ourselve that we are?
Are you referring to
[In]sane wrote:Rule 1: Don't Steal people's work unless you ask the owner of sprites for the permission! It may hurt your reputation on server!
If you're asking what happens if you post something here that you have already posted somewhere else example: mapleguide, maplemation etc and you are wondering if you need to have proof that you were the one who made the work and you did not steal it.
In my opinion I think that it is ok to post those things here if you ARE actually the person who made it. Well as for the proof in my opinion I don't think it is required if there is someone who knows that you are the same person from the other site. (that was my opinion so dont take my word for it)
P.S I recognize you from maple guide.

Last edited by DuskRavenX on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos and grammar mistakes)

Back to top Go down

HolyBelief

Average Member

HolyBelief
Average Member

Post by HolyBelief Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:53 pm

xhero2503 wrote:i have accounts on mapleguide and maplemation.So do we need to proof ourselve that we are?
As long you made something that is not made already or something we may not seen before.
If I see someone claiming sprites by someone else, Prepare yo anus >8c.

@another comment from you
Good Spriters takes time to sprite.
Mainly good 2 or more hours on hairs or anything, Like Almighty Sai takes that long to do that.

Back to top Go down

Gimmesoup

Post by Gimmesoup Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:03 pm

Being from another forum really means nothing...o3o

Back to top Go down

furyangle

furyangle

Post by furyangle Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:10 am

how to be a GFX Question

Last edited by furyangle on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

W o o d s

Dedicated Member

W o o d s
Dedicated Member

Post by W o o d s Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:42 am

You have to have the skill to become a GFX. Show Alpha some of your work, and maybe he'll make you a GFX Designer. I think he isn't in need of more GFX Designers though.

[Øฬภєг]•๖ۣۜΛŁρђą wrote:I dont realy need more GFX at the moment

Back to top Go down

[In]sane

Head GFX

[In]sane
Head GFX

Post by [In]sane Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:24 pm

[Updated] Made changes to rule 2

Back to top Go down

RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

Post by RayStormX Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:15 am

I really disagree with rule 2. you become the thought police and limit the growth of budding artists as well as gag the people who want to help.

There will be people who are assholes in their CnC. Apply warnings accordingly. but I don't feel it's necessary to limit CnC.

+ we could just as easily get around this rule by saying things like
"oh that looks bad, in my opinion. I think it would look better if you did this instead of that. The way you shaded that was done incorrectly, imo."
etc etc etc.
see how I can masquerade my CnC as a simple opinion?

now if you were to delete my posts on grounds of CnC, you become the thought police who is controlling what people can and cannot say. Just sayin.

Back to top Go down

[In]sane

Head GFX

[In]sane
Head GFX

Post by [In]sane Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:44 am

{Lørd}_Kill4Fun wrote:I really disagree with rule 2. you become the thought police and limit the growth of budding artists as well as gag the people who want to help.

There will be people who are assholes in their CnC. Apply warnings accordingly. but I don't feel it's necessary to limit CnC.

+ we could just as easily get around this rule by saying things like
"oh that looks bad, in my opinion. I think it would look better if you did this instead of that. The way you shaded that was done incorrectly, imo."
etc etc etc.
see how I can masquerade my CnC as a simple opinion?

now if you were to delete my posts on grounds of CnC, you become the thought police who is controlling what people can and cannot say. Just sayin.

Weather i want to or not some people do not want to be criticized on their work especially if they did not ask for any CnC. Put it this way, those keen on improving will ask for CnC and those who do not will simply not bother to ask. I won't bother deleting your post because i see your reason behind it. However I will edit the rulings accordingly. And to be honest i don't see the need for people to give such harsh critiques when one doesn't even request for one.

Back to top Go down

RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

Post by RayStormX Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:54 am

It would be more a matter of personality at that point. We have the people who always have nothing but praise, and on the other end of the spectrum, you get the people who seem really, really blunt, and sometimes you wonder if they're just being a douche. They (usually) have your growth as an artist in mind. Your feelings are the last things such people would be concerned about lol.
I would recommend that people follow a middle of the road approach: highlight what the person did right or was noteworthy, and follow it up with corrections and suggestions. People probably forget that a good critique does not have to be a harsh one.

There is also the popular stance that if someone shits on your work, you'll be fueled to prove that asshole wrong and be the best that you can be (This seems to be the mentality of many MapleMation people, especially those who came from BSBG).

So yeah. Just shedding some light on some attitudes.

Back to top Go down

Λlphα

Owner

Λlphα
Owner

Post by Λlphα Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:15 pm

That rule was requested by me.
Nuff said.

Back to top Go down

HolyBelief

Average Member

HolyBelief
Average Member

Post by HolyBelief Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:16 pm

Rule 2: Try to accept constructive criticism and do not complain about your work being
disliked. If you bother to post it up, don't expect everyone to like it. Remember we are not an art forum but at least try not to be harsh on your critiques. Any CnC found to be offensive to the thread starter will be deleted.

Why would we delete the thread if the Criticism bother nor seem offensive to the owner of those things.
We need to teach them how to accept it and improve from it, not deleting the thread with the most important criticism.
Also, Harsh criticism is very good for people to improve, a very little criticism is not fucking good. That doesn't help people to improve.
Just saying.

Last edited by HolyBelief on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

ҳҲҳ ÐƐƔɪŁ ҳҲҳ

Bot owner

ҳҲҳ ÐƐƔɪŁ ҳҲҳ
Bot owner

Post by ҳҲҳ ÐƐƔɪŁ ҳҲҳ Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:21 pm

HolyBelief wrote:

Rule 2: Try to accept constructive criticism and do not complain about your work being

Why would we delete the thread if the Criticism bother nor seem offensive to the owner of those things.
We need to teach them how to accept it and improve from it, not deleting the thread with the most important criticism.

Don't worry holybelief, Some people just get butthurt. I'm with you about what you said. You are just trying to help them.

I edited my post a little.
~Holybelief

Back to top Go down

HolyBelief

Average Member

HolyBelief
Average Member

Post by HolyBelief Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:28 pm

ҳҲҳ ÐƐƔɪŁ ҳҲҳ wrote:
Don't worry holybelief, Some people just get butthurt. I'm with you about what you said. You are just trying to help them.

Then they need to learn how to accept it, not denying the criticism.

Back to top Go down

[In]sane

Head GFX

[In]sane
Head GFX

Post by [In]sane Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:18 pm

HolyBelief wrote:
ҳҲҳ ÐƐƔɪŁ ҳҲҳ wrote:

Ever heard of moderation? I know your intentions are good but not everyone can tolerate harsh criticism. If you are going to point out flaws in another persons work, at least be kind enough to encourage them on what they can improve on. Don't just assume people will accept your criticism and take it to heart. People will hate you if all you do is point out flaws in their effort (Its practically saying to them: you failed to impress me, you've wasted my time I am going to tell you everything i don't like about it).
I've seen people quit doing GFX (arts and animations) just because of the amount of negative feedback they got.

So please, if you want someone to improve at least have the courtesy to encourage him. This is not an art forum there is no point in pointing out flaws in works people just do for the fun of it.

Back to top Go down

HolyBelief

Average Member

HolyBelief
Average Member

Post by HolyBelief Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:35 pm

[In]sane wrote:
HolyBelief wrote:

Ever heard of moderation? I know your intentions are good but not everyone can tolerate harsh criticism. If you are going to point out flaws in another persons work, at least be kind enough to encourage them on what they can improve on. Don't just assume people will accept your criticism and take it to heart. People will hate you if all you do is point out flaws in their effort (Its practically saying to them: you failed to impress me, you've wasted my time I am going to tell you everything i don't like about it).
I've seen people quit doing GFX (arts and animations) just because of the amount of negative feedback they got.

So please, if you want someone to improve at least have the courtesy to encourage him. This is not an art forum there is no point in pointing out flaws in works people just do for the fun of it.

nonon- well you do make a point there .3. but that's not what i meant but eh.

Back to top Go down

W o o d s

Dedicated Member

W o o d s
Dedicated Member

Post by W o o d s Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:17 pm

Okay how about, HOW ABOUT.
Every time you make a thread, you must say either you want CnC (Harsh or gentle), or you don't. c:
If you don't put anything people will just think you don't give a crap what people say, CnC or not.

Back to top Go down

RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

Post by RayStormX Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:50 pm

Don't be an asshole with your CnC, basically.
Be professional about it.
CnC is supposed to encourage people to do better, and to achieve that to the greatest extent, you can affirm them while giving out pointers.

Let's throw in some basic human psychology: People are more likely to listen to others who are positive or at least not negative.
Stuff like: choppy animation, misalignment, etc
Is a start. It's to the point and blunt.
Now try: it is choppy because x y and z. There are misalignment issues here at 1 2 3. It should look like a b c. You did do this and that correctly, good job.

It doesn't hurt to be friendly, btw.

Back to top Go down

Knives

Ultimate Member

Knives
Ultimate Member

Post by Knives Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:28 pm

{Lørd}_Kill4Fun wrote:
Stuff like: choppy animation, misalignment.
I know you're referencing my animation ^^

It's kinda hard to tell whether or not the person giving CnC is being friendly about it, harsh or not. If we help each other out like this, everyone eventually improves a bit. (I know I did when I re-did that weapon thing this morning)

Back to top Go down

RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

Post by RayStormX Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:32 pm

An entire forum believes in harsh CnC. Don't take it the wrong way, that's just how they are.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top