D.ChaosMS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sexualities

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Axolotl

Dedicated Member

Axolotl
Dedicated Member

Sexualities Empty Sexualities

Post by Axolotl Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:32 am

Serious discussion, yay.
Listen uh, let's try to keep all flame/trolling/narrow-mindedness/homophobia/etc. out of this, thread okay? If you are a homophobe or something and someone is non-hetero just don't be a jerk, alright?

But let's get down to it.
The point of this thread is for you to tell your sexuality, and then discuss your views on sexualities in general.
If you're straight, I'd appreciate views on why you wouldn't date same-sex or someone outside of the opposite sex.

I'm pansexual. Pan is latin for all. Pansexuality is when you couldn't care less about gender and you'll date/love all genders. The difference between pan and bi is that with bisexuality, you only like the two binary genders(Male and female) but with pan you like males, females, MTF(Male to female), FTM(Female to male), drag queens, drag kings, and so on.

Back to top Go down

ジョンWZエディタ♬

Ultimate Member

ジョンWZエディタ♬
Ultimate Member

Sexualities Empty Re: Sexualities

Post by ジョンWZエディタ♬ Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:52 am

I still don't get the real meaning of this thread.
I can guess that there would be flamed stereotypes on each other about their sexualities and etc.
Anyways serious discussions sadly are not so popular though =\

Back to top Go down

Otaku

Ultimate Member

Otaku
Ultimate Member

Post by Otaku Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:57 am

They can be with enough people and the trolls down to a minimum. I personally enjoy serious discussion threads because of the main reason that it gives you things to think about, so I'm gonna give my input on this and say that I am straight, I used to be BI for a bit but that died out and now I am just straight.

I don't hate on anyone's else's sexualities though, just seems stupid for me to judge them for who they are.

Back to top Go down

ジョンWZエディタ♬

Ultimate Member

ジョンWZエディタ♬
Ultimate Member

Post by ジョンWZエディタ♬ Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:09 pm

I don't really enjoy them depending on their topic though.
Anyways sometimes it's interesting to speak about something serious not just a random sh!t.
~Staying on topic for this thread is a bit strange o-o/

Back to top Go down

Axolotl

Dedicated Member

Axolotl
Dedicated Member

Post by Axolotl Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:45 pm

Smadow wrote:
Anyways sometimes it's interesting to speak about something serious not just a random sh!t.

Every thread is technically a "random sh!t".

Back to top Go down

ジョンWZエディタ♬

Ultimate Member

ジョンWZエディタ♬
Ultimate Member

Post by ジョンWZエディタ♬ Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:04 pm

Axolotl wrote:
Smadow wrote:

Every thread is technically a "random sh!t".
Basically f3

Back to top Go down

Villian

Ultimate Member

Villian
Ultimate Member

Post by Villian Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:19 pm

IM STRAIGHT lol

Back to top Go down

RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

Post by RayStormX Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:48 pm

Axolotl wrote:
I'm pansexual. Pan is latin for all. Pansexuality is when you couldn't care less about gender and you'll date/love all genders. The difference between pan and bi is that with bisexuality, you only like the two binary genders(Male and female) but with pan you like males, females, MTF(Male to female), FTM(Female to male), drag queens, drag kings, and so on.

Reminds me of homestuck. if you've ever seen the comic, the Trolls (an alien race) have 4 types of romance, and it can involve any combination of genders.

Anyway, I have yet to see anyone really delve into the topic other than OP, so let's get this on the right track, shall we?

I won't name names, but the other day I was hosting a lesbian marriage in the server and people were like "BOO" and asking me why I allowed a gay marriage in the server? Hm, excuse me, but if I recall correctly, there are no rules against gay marriage in the server, and besides, if you really like someone ingame, I don't see why not.

My answer to that person who asked how I could allow such a thing was
"Love transcends gender." what are your thoughts?

Does anything believe that we should stick to male/female because it is biologically logical?

Back to top Go down

ジョンWZエディタ♬

Ultimate Member

ジョンWZエディタ♬
Ultimate Member

Post by ジョンWZエディタ♬ Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:06 pm

Raystormx wrote:
Axolotl wrote:

Reminds me of homestuck. if you've ever seen the comic, the Trolls (an alien race) have 4 types of romance, and it can involve any combination of genders.

Anyway, I have yet to see anyone really delve into the topic other than OP, so let's get this on the right track, shall we?

I won't name names, but the other day I was hosting a lesbian marriage in the server and people were like "BOO" and asking me why I allowed a gay marriage in the server? Hm, excuse me, but if I recall correctly, there are no rules against gay marriage in the server, and besides, if you really like someone ingame, I don't see why not.

My answer to that person who asked how I could allow such a thing was
"Love transcends gender." what are your thoughts?

Does anything believe that we should stick to male/female because it is biologically logical?
Anyways it's normal reaction from others but they should understand that those "different" people are humans too and they are same and they just have different visions about world and everything and they should accept them and don't depending of their differences.
~Anyways In game "gay" marriages are fun though o-o

Back to top Go down

RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

Post by RayStormX Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:13 pm

Indeed it is. I'm actually not surprised that some people reacted that way, also considering that a majority of players are like, what, 10-16? and have limited, if any exposure to any actual gay people.

just some more food for thought questions to throw out there so we can expand this topic:
Does your country or state allow 'non-traditional' marriages? Do you agree with that policy? why or why not?

What would you do if you found out your best friend was gay?

Back to top Go down

ジョンWZエディタ♬

Ultimate Member

ジョンWZエディタ♬
Ultimate Member

Post by ジョンWZエディタ♬ Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:20 pm

Raystormx wrote:Indeed it is. I'm actually not surprised that some people reacted that way, also considering that a majority of players are like, what, 10-16? and have limited, if any exposure to any actual gay people.

just some more food for thought questions to throw out there so we can expand this topic:
Does your country or state allow 'non-traditional' marriages? Do you agree with that policy? why or why not?

Lol so you state a stereotype : 10-16 years old kids are dumb and don't really understand some things? f3
Thanks I'm 13 f3
Anyways On topic~
I don't know what about my country but I wont give any bad emotions about that if it would be legal o-o

Back to top Go down

RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

Post by RayStormX Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:26 pm

It is a generalization based on my life experience. How many 10-16 year olds do you know that are completely accepting of homosexuals and other people who don't fall in the traditional heterosexual category?

It's not necessarily a stereotype that kids are dumb, however it is a common perception that kids in that range are ignorant or lacking in life experience.

Thanks for asking if I was stating a stereotype though. Glad I can clear things up.

Back to top Go down

Axolotl

Dedicated Member

Axolotl
Dedicated Member

Post by Axolotl Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:08 pm

Raystormx wrote:Indeed it is. I'm actually not surprised that some people reacted that way, also considering that a majority of players are like, what, 10-16? and have limited, if any exposure to any actual gay people.

America does allow it(For now), however I'm unsure about my state. North Carolina may or may not, I haven't heard of any same-sex marriages here so I'm not positive. I agree with allowing same-sex marriages or non-traditional (Since non-traditional isn't limited to same-sex), love is love. Love doesn't become lust or fake simply because of gender.

Also, a couple of my friends are bi and one is pan and my best friend is asexual. I think it's amazing, honestly. It just means they're more open - but I'm not saying that makes them better people.

Back to top Go down

RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

Post by RayStormX Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:29 pm

Considering California has so many gay people, I'm surprised my state doesn't allow gay marriage. What with that whole prop 8 thing. Oh well. I'm sure legislation will turn up that will legalize it some day. til then, anyone interested in a non-heterosexual marriage here will either have to wait for new laws to happen, or go to another state to get married.

Haven't seen anyone post a dissenting opinion yet. Is it out of fear of being branded closed-minded or bigoted? Or a geniune lack of interest?

either way, I suppose I could play devil's advocate. a thread's kinda dull if everyone just agrees imo Cool

Back to top Go down

Axolotl

Dedicated Member

Axolotl
Dedicated Member

Post by Axolotl Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:31 pm

Raystormx wrote:Considering California has so many gay people, I'm surprised my state doesn't allow gay marriage. What with that whole prop 8 thing. Oh well. I'm sure legislation will turn up that will legalize it some day. til then, anyone interested in a non-heterosexual marriage here will either have to wait for new laws to happen, or go to another state to get married.

Haven't seen anyone post a dissenting opinion yet. Is it out of fear of being branded closed-minded or bigoted? Or a geniune lack of interest?

either way, I suppose I could play devil's advocate. a thread's kinda dull if everyone just agrees imo Cool

Haha, I agree. I personally love to debate and argue, it's just I can't stand bigots and narrow-minded people. If you're a homophobe or a person who is against anything other than heterosexually but not a complete ass about it, I don't see a problem.

Back to top Go down

Villian

Ultimate Member

Villian
Ultimate Member

Post by Villian Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:43 pm

Axolotl wrote:
Raystormx wrote:Considering California has so many gay people, I'm surprised my state doesn't allow gay marriage. What with that whole prop 8 thing. Oh well. I'm sure legislation will turn up that will legalize it some day. til then, anyone interested in a non-heterosexual marriage here will either have to wait for new laws to happen, or go to another state to get married.

Haha, I agree. I personally love to debate and argue, it's just I can't stand bigots and narrow-minded people. If you're a homophobe or a person who is against anything other than heterosexually but not a complete ass about it, I don't see a problem.

wheres the like button when you need it LOL

Back to top Go down

RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

Post by RayStormX Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:14 pm

I've seen the other side pf the spectrum where "open-minded" people try to push their beliefs on people with conservative and traditional views, calling them bigoted amd ignorant even though they're just stating their beliefs and views.

So it seems that both sides are capable of being closed-minded imo

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum