Grammar. You need it.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sardine

Sardine

Sardine
Sardine

Posts : 1017
Points : 1231
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 21

Grammar. You need it. Empty Grammar. You need it.

Post by Sardine on Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:29 pm

Note: I hand written this on my own, expect spelling mistakes.
Well, hello there fatass.... are you reading this while eating Ice Cream? Great. I have some too, its in my refrigerator.

Anyway, onto the point of this thread: Grammar...

This server needs it.

You: wat grammer
Me: I can't explain it since i have no idea what you are saying, what is wat? What is grammer? I assume you mean What is grammar? Grammar is the structural part of a language (in this case; English) which allows your crappy English to actually make sense to people.

You: y u call me fatass
Me: Because you are one. Anyway, you use WHY, not y, you use you, not u, and you must have some kind of punctuation mark at the end of your sentence, this also goes to the sentence above this sentence.

Your sentence requires a subject, and a predicate. Subject, being the "user doing action"; predicate, being "action being completed".
Example: Sam is eating a delicious burger.
Sam would be the subject (since he is the one eating).
Eating would be the predicate (since the user (Sam) is doing the action).

Common errors:
Incorrect: How come you don't have a pencil?
Correct: Why don't you have a pencil?
Explanation: Don't use "How come" as it is improper and it just doesn't sound right (but maybe to idiots) use "Why" not "How come".

Incorrect: What happend?
Correct: What happened?
Explanation: Spelling is a part of grammar, so it's pretty much required to have correct spelling at least most of the time. Happend is not a word, neither is band (Note: I'm not referring to the bands in your school's music class), and plenty of other words that I have seen used.

This isn't complete, expect revisions/additions/updates later on. Those are just the important stuff I see.


Last edited by WilliNetwork on Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Write --> Right.... ironic in a grammar thread isn't it?)

Back to top Go down

Andy

Average Member

Andy
Average Member

Posts : 53
Points : 54
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-06-21

Grammar. You need it. Empty Re: Grammar. You need it.

Post by Andy on Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:44 pm

I wonder if anyone will even bother after reading this. My guess is that they will try, but not even remember an hour or two after they read this. Or not try at all.
Or read my post, try to remember after reading my post, forget, and remember once they see this thread/post again.

Back to top Go down

Adrastea

Member

Adrastea
Member

Posts : 49
Points : 74
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-02

Grammar. You need it. Empty Re: Grammar. You need it.

Post by Adrastea on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:18 pm

WilliNetwork wrote:Note: I hand written this on my own, expect spelling mistakes.
Well, hello there fatass.... are you reading this while eating Ice Cream? Great. I have some too, its in my refrigerator.

Anyway, onto the point of this thread: Grammar...

This server needs it.

You: wat grammer
Me: I can't explain it since i have no idea what you are saying, what is wat? What is grammer? I assume you mean What is grammar? Grammar is the structural part of a language (in this case; English) which allows your crappy English to actually make sense to people.

You: y u call me fatass
Me: Because you are one. Anyway, you use WHY, not y, you use you, not u, and you must have some kind of punctuation mark at the end of your sentence, this also goes to the sentence above this sentence.

Your sentence requires a subject, and a predicate. Subject, being the "user doing action"; predicate, being "action being completed".
Example: Sam is eating a delicious burger.
Sam would be the subject (since he is the one eating).
Eating would be the predicate (since the user (Sam) is doing the action).

Common errors:
Incorrect: How come you don't have a pencil?
Correct: Why don't you have a pencil?
Explanation: Don't use "How come" as it is improper and it just doesn't sound right (but maybe to idiots) use "Why" not "How come".

Incorrect: What happend?
Correct: What happened?
Explanation: Spelling is a part of grammar, so it's pretty much required to have correct spelling at least most of the time. Happend is not a word, neither is band (Note: I'm not referring to the bands in your school's music class), and plenty of other words that I have seen used.

This isn't complete, expect revisions/additions/updates later on. Those are just the important stuff I see.

Communal jargon takes precedence over grammatical structures used in formal language.

This is also known as "slang".

To dictate the terms of speech used amongst individuals of certain subcultures (aka gaming communities like such) is less likely to occur than the spontaneous emission of a single photon from the pair annihilation of a particle and its anitparticle opposite.

In layman's terms, it will never fucking happen in your wildest dreams.

But you're welcome to keep trying. After all, maybe you'll become exhausted, and in a fit of delusion you may envision someone using proper grammar on the internet. Of course, it will be in a fit of delusion, and therefore not real. Although, that is better than nothing.

Also, before you say I am using impeccable English,

-ahem-

"I not know wut u talkin' 'bout."

Grammar. You need it. Happy-face-770659


Last edited by WilliNetwork on Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Woops.)

Back to top Go down

FrogBoy

Member

Member

Posts : 48
Points : 62
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-09-25

Grammar. You need it. Empty Re: Grammar. You need it.

Post by FrogBoy on Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:18 am

Reason for making this? ;o

Back to top Go down

Adrastea

Member

Adrastea
Member

Posts : 49
Points : 74
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-02

Grammar. You need it. Empty Re: Grammar. You need it.

Post by Adrastea on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:07 am

FrogBoy wrote:Reason for making this? ;o

I made my post because I'm a Boss.

Willi made his post because you are an idiot, and your English is second only to that of any immigrant.

Seriously, most immigrants have better English than Americans do. That's sad.

Also, Frogboy, before you respond in anger, let me help you out.

Copy + Paste this, and whatever argument you were thinking of will be 10 times better:

"Your're pedantic mannerisms show a psychological need to establish yourself as a dominant figure in any community. That this need extends so far as to attempt to supersede individuals on an internet forum though the use of omni-syllabic, ego-inflating vocabulary is just sad."

There you go, intellectual dribble for your insult. Your welcome.

Back to top Go down

FrogBoy

Member

Member

Posts : 48
Points : 62
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-09-25

Grammar. You need it. Empty Re: Grammar. You need it.

Post by FrogBoy on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:30 am

Adrastea wrote:
FrogBoy wrote:Reason for making this? ;o

I made my post because I'm a Boss.

Willi made his post because you are an idiot, and your English is second only to that of any immigrant.

Seriously, most immigrants have better English than Americans do. That's sad.

Also, Frogboy, before you respond in anger, let me help you out.

Copy + Paste this, and whatever argument you were thinking of will be 10 times better:

"Your're pedantic mannerisms show a psychological need to establish yourself as a dominant figure in any community. That this need extends so far as to attempt to supersede individuals on an internet forum though the use of omni-syllabic, ego-inflating vocabulary is just sad."

There you go, intellectual dribble for your insult. Your welcome.

Google translate ftw.

Back to top Go down

Sardine

Sardine

Sardine
Sardine

Posts : 1017
Points : 1231
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 21

Grammar. You need it. Empty Re: Grammar. You need it.

Post by Sardine on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:31 am

Adrastea wrote:"Your're pedantic mannerisms show a psychological need to establish yourself as a dominant figure in any community. That this need extends so far as to attempt to supersede individuals on an internet forum though the use of omni-syllabic, ego-inflating vocabulary is just sad."

"Your pedantic mannerisms show a psychological need to establish yourself as a dominant figure in any community. That this need extends so far as to attempt to supersede individuals on an internet forum though the use of omni-syllabic, ego-inflating vocabulary is just sad."

Problem fixed.

Back to top Go down

Kiraa

GM

Kiraa
GM

Posts : 314
Points : 379
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-07-07
Age : 21
Location : Forgot..

Grammar. You need it. Empty Re: Grammar. You need it.

Post by Kiraa on Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:48 pm

Lol, No need for grammar, since you understand right?
People try saying stuff like Ex: Play* not pley. when you say/spell something wrong.<-- Some people think doing that is cool. its not. if i spell something , its cause i want it spellt like dat, fk what you think.
But, does it look like i give a SHIT? o -o
Grammar is needed, Not online.
Some people say stuff like Ex: Lol get better grammar i dont understand what youre saying.
when you said something like: yo wen iz khaos coming out?
Cant understand that? like seriously Bruh? o -o Get help. ( i understand that some people have sad, just sad Grammar but cmon just try to understand, dont diss them for theyre grammar , dont answer or try to. cant say anything positive? dont.) (Btw im not saying anything bad about this post, not hatin) WOOPS Hating*

_________________
Grammar. You need it. 3LxgD

Back to top Go down

Sardine

Sardine

Sardine
Sardine

Posts : 1017
Points : 1231
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 21

Grammar. You need it. Empty Re: Grammar. You need it.

Post by Sardine on Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:00 pm

{Rคωя}Kιяαα wrote:Lol, No need for grammar, since you understand right?
People try saying stuff like Ex: Play* not pley. when you say/spell something wrong.<-- Some people think doing that is cool. its not. if i spell something , its cause i want it spellt like dat, fk what you think.
But, does it look like i give a SHIT? o -o
Grammar is needed, Not online.
Some people say stuff like Ex: Lol get better grammar i dont understand what youre saying.
when you said something like: yo wen iz khaos coming out?
Cant understand that? like seriously Bruh? o -o Get help. ( i understand that some people have sad, just sad Grammar but cmon just try to understand, dont diss them for theyre grammar , dont answer or try to. cant say anything positive? dont.) (Btw im not saying anything bad about this post, not hatin) WOOPS Hating*

I understand that people in the world realizes that English is not their first language, I'm not gonna hate on them for that.

But, for people who can speak English; it comes up really bad online.

Back to top Go down

Kiraa

GM

Kiraa
GM

Posts : 314
Points : 379
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-07-07
Age : 21
Location : Forgot..

Grammar. You need it. Empty Re: Grammar. You need it.

Post by Kiraa on Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:11 pm

WilliNetwork wrote:
{Rคωя}Kιяαα wrote:Lol, No need for grammar, since you understand right?
People try saying stuff like Ex: Play* not pley. when you say/spell something wrong.<-- Some people think doing that is cool. its not. if i spell something , its cause i want it spellt like dat, fk what you think.
But, does it look like i give a SHIT? o -o
Grammar is needed, Not online.
Some people say stuff like Ex: Lol get better grammar i dont understand what youre saying.
when you said something like: yo wen iz khaos coming out?
Cant understand that? like seriously Bruh? o -o Get help. ( i understand that some people have sad, just sad Grammar but cmon just try to understand, dont diss them for theyre grammar , dont answer or try to. cant say anything positive? dont.) (Btw im not saying anything bad about this post, not hatin) WOOPS Hating*

I understand that people in the world realizes that English is not their first language, I'm not gonna hate on them for that.

But, for people who can speak English; it comes up really bad online.
Lol iknow, i understand and respect you, kinda shamefull that some of us people with english as first language use epic grammar. EPICLY BAD GRAMMAR*. :3
And the post i did up there^ Wasnt pointing at you, if thats what you thought.It was to the people that bitsh at people for theyre bad english, the way people spell, and talk. pisses me off.Since its not really theyre fault you know.. =/ i feel bad for em.

_________________
Grammar. You need it. 3LxgD

Back to top Go down

Lasor

Ultimate Member

Lasor
Ultimate Member

Posts : 202
Points : 241
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-05-17
Location : You tell me

Grammar. You need it. Empty Re: Grammar. You need it.

Post by Lasor on Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:18 pm

{Rคωя}Kιяαα wrote:Since its not really theyre fault you know.. =/ i feel bad for em.

They can always study

Back to top Go down

Adrastea

Member

Adrastea
Member

Posts : 49
Points : 74
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-02

Grammar. You need it. Empty Re: Grammar. You need it.

Post by Adrastea on Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:28 pm

Lasor wrote:
{Rคωя}Kιяαα wrote:Since its not really theyre fault you know.. =/ i feel bad for em.

They can always study

Nope. People are inherently stupid. Studying only directs the stupidity in an orderly fashion.

Besides, if anyone was considering impressing total strangers with their language skills, they would have already done it.

And as a response to this:

Frogboy wrote:Google translate ftw.

Google translate doesn't do English to English translation, numbnuts. Just because you don't know big words doesn't mean everyone else cheats and uses "Google translator"(Which I will say again, does not translate from english to english).

Pick up a fucking dictionary and read for a change.

However, considering your level of intellect, It would be best to spell this put for you:

I'm a huge dick. I think I'm really smart, and I'm better than you. However, because I'm on a Forum, and I feel the need to post big words insulting you, this is false and I'm actually a really dumb douche.

Jesus, you'd think that a provided insult would be appreciated, but no.

Back to top Go down

Illegal

Ultimate Member

Illegal
Ultimate Member

Posts : 376
Points : 408
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-08-18
Age : 20

Grammar. You need it. Empty Re: Grammar. You need it.

Post by Illegal on Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Woah...this is awesome.

_________________
Pain makes us stronger.
Grammar. You need it. Rukia%206%20(Videobleach.com)

Back to top Go down

Adrastea

Member

Adrastea
Member

Posts : 49
Points : 74
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-02

Grammar. You need it. Empty Re: Grammar. You need it.

Post by Adrastea on Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:37 pm

Illegal wrote:Woah...this is awesome.

Thanks. I'm pretty good at insulting people, douchebag.

Back to top Go down

Psych

Member

Psych
Member

Posts : 16
Points : 24
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : America.

Grammar. You need it. Empty Re: Grammar. You need it.

Post by Psych on Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:48 pm

Adrastea wrote:
Illegal wrote:Woah...this is awesome.

Thanks. I'm pretty good at insulting people, douchebag.


Best trolling I've ever seen man. You're fucking funny when I read your posts. :3

Back to top Go down

Knives

Ultimate Member

Knives
Ultimate Member

Posts : 1784
Points : 2183
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2011-04-20
Age : 24

Grammar. You need it. Empty Re: Grammar. You need it.

Post by Knives on Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:18 pm

Psych wrote:
Adrastea wrote:
Illegal wrote:Woah...this is awesome.

Thanks. I'm pretty good at insulting people, douchebag.


Best trolling I've ever seen man. You're fucking funny when I read your posts. :3
And then a Mod is going to get offended by it, and remove them. I think it's still a bit funny.

Back to top Go down

Adrastea

Member

Adrastea
Member

Posts : 49
Points : 74
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-02

Grammar. You need it. Empty Re: Grammar. You need it.

Post by Adrastea on Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:21 pm

Psych wrote:
Adrastea wrote:
Illegal wrote:Woah...this is awesome.

Thanks. I'm pretty good at insulting people, douchebag.


Best trolling I've ever seen man. You're fucking funny when I read your posts. :3

You're doing it wrong.

Let me help you out: YOU DON'T LIKE TROLLS.

Besides, I'm not trolling, I'm raging. Raging doesn't make sense. For more info, check out my "Guide on trolling" post. I might re-post it later.

-----------------------------
Knives wrote:
Psych wrote:
Adrastea wrote:
Illegal wrote:Woah...this is awesome.

Thanks. I'm pretty good at insulting people, douchebag.


Best trolling I've ever seen man. You're fucking funny when I read your posts. :3
And then a Mod is going to get offended by it, and remove them. I think it's still a bit funny.

Hey Knives, guess what?

Mods are full of bat shit.

I should know, I was one of them.

And if this post is deleted/edited after you read it, then it proves my point more.

Up yours, mods. All the way up there, from your anuses right through to your mouths.


Last edited by WilliNetwork on Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merged posts.)

Back to top Go down

RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

Posts : 1970
Points : 2246
Reputation : 132
Join date : 2011-10-05
Age : 27
Location : California

Grammar. You need it. Empty Re: Grammar. You need it.

Post by RayStormX on Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:06 pm

depends on the forum. there are good mods, and, well, shitty mods.

Back to top Go down

FrogBoy

Member

Member

Posts : 48
Points : 62
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-09-25

Grammar. You need it. Empty Re: Grammar. You need it.

Post by FrogBoy on Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:06 am

Meh. I dont like the insults, but I just lol'd while reading your post,

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content




Grammar. You need it. Empty Re: Grammar. You need it.

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum