D.ChaosMS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Signature "preview" o.o

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SnowNH

SnowNH

Signature "preview" o.o Empty Signature "preview" o.o

Post by SnowNH Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:48 pm

I have a signature now, But it obviously sucks. It needs effects and the blizzard background on the letters isn't really visible... So i thought in coming here and ask u guys what do you think i should add?
I was thinking into a a gray gradient for the background, adding my ms character below (maybe) and putting white stuff all over it (like snow). What 'ya think?

Back to top Go down

{GM}_Lazarus

Dedicated Member

{GM}_Lazarus
Dedicated Member

Signature "preview" o.o Empty Re: Signature "preview" o.o

Post by {GM}_Lazarus Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:29 am

I think your issue is making the individual elements in the GFX look cool, instead of looking at the overall composition of the GFX to see if it flows.

For instance, you have a rather elegant picture of a wolf, in repose. This contrasts the rather blunt and forceful nature of the Text. I would first try a text that is more soft, something that evokes a feeling of "snow".

Perhaps something in a "cursive" font would work, with a blurred blue border.

Considering the nature of the GFX, a maple character would not be the best idea. The pixel art would contrast too much with realism and smoothness of the background.

Of course, this is simply a suggestion, so feel free to ignore it.

Back to top Go down

SnowNH

SnowNH

Post by SnowNH Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:14 pm

{GM}_Lazarus wrote:I think your issue is making the individual elements in the GFX look cool, instead of looking at the overall composition of the GFX to see if it flows.

For instance, you have a rather elegant picture of a wolf, in repose. This contrasts the rather blunt and forceful nature of the Text. I would first try a text that is more soft, something that evokes a feeling of "snow".

Considering the nature of the GFX, a maple character would not be the best idea. The pixel art would contrast too much with realism and smoothness of the background.

Lol Thanks. For the advice. Yeah first thing was only an ugly thing, the important thing was de wolf. Even then, I've always sucked at picking fonts xD. Well I added snow to the thing, i changed the font and i added a gradient.

Think it needs anything else? Razz

Back to top Go down

(-Astronomy-)

Dedicated Member

(-Astronomy-)
Dedicated Member

Post by (-Astronomy-) Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:28 pm

SnowNH wrote:
{GM}_Lazarus wrote:I think your issue is making the individual elements in the GFX look cool, instead of looking at the overall composition of the GFX to see if it flows.

Lol Thanks. For the advice. Yeah first thing was only an ugly thing, the important thing was de wolf. Even then, I've always sucked at picking fonts xD. Well I added snow to the thing, i changed the font and i added a gradient.

Think it needs anything else? Razz
Nice Signature Snow Razz

Back to top Go down

SnowNH

SnowNH

Post by SnowNH Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:03 pm

[BETA]Ah'khat wrote:
Nice Signature Snow Razz

Ty Wink same to u Razz

Back to top Go down

AlexLime