D.ChaosMS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D.ChaosMS v83 Revision Log

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fate

Donator

Fate
Donator

D.ChaosMS v83 Revision Log - Page 2 Empty Re: D.ChaosMS v83 Revision Log

Post by Fate Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:42 am

Thanks for the constant updates with the revisions Eric. Will these continue even after launch or at least until the source has all of the features currently listed in it? I know that you guys like to give sneak peaks when it comes to gameplay updates (while remaining in the dark) but I really enjoy seeing the revision updates as you do them. Just trying to find out how long these will be around.

Back to top Go down

Redwolf

Redwolf

Post by Redwolf Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:11 am

how about char creation? like- when you create a new character you usually go somewhere to begin and get a job, etc. how about making something grandiose? i can give some ideas if you like, just tell me and ill give you a list Smile

Back to top Go down

Ἒṝḯḉ

Ultimate Member

Ἒṝḯḉ
Ultimate Member

Post by Ἒṝḯḉ Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:54 pm

Fate wrote:Thanks for the constant updates with the revisions Eric.  Will these continue even after launch or at least until the source has all of the features currently listed in it?  I know that you guys like to give sneak peaks when it comes to gameplay updates (while remaining in the dark) but I really enjoy seeing the revision updates as you do them.  Just trying to find out how long these will be around.

They will be just like I did on WizStory. I'll continue to keep this thread as up-to-date as I can and will always be open for suggestions.

Redwolf wrote:how about char creation? like- when you create a new character you usually go somewhere to begin and get a job, etc. how about making something grandiose? i can give some ideas if you like, just tell me and ill give you a list Smile

Char Creation? I've blocked exploits of getting special equips and eyes and whatnot. I've also implemented customization so we can freely change/update the clothes you are equipped with. As for the map, it's still the same as v83 unless Alpha wishes for it to be changed. I'll probably be re-scripting most of the NPC's here as well, though.

Back to top Go down

ZackTheJudge

ZackTheJudge

Post by ZackTheJudge Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:21 pm

I'll say, this all looks pretty good! But...

...Just a question about this: Will we be able to use the accounts we had for WizStory?

Back to top Go down

Telos

Telos

Post by Telos Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:12 pm

its been said that we wont have or accounts from wiz

Back to top Go down

Aniki

Ultimate Member

Aniki
Ultimate Member

Post by Aniki Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:21 pm

Telos wrote:its been said that we wont have or accounts from wiz
Nope, not even our previous DchaosMS acc Cool

Back to top Go down

Ἒṝḯḉ

Ultimate Member

Ἒṝḯḉ
Ultimate Member

Post by Ἒṝḯḉ Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:47 am

Alright, well the huge Cash Shop Update is almost complete. Will be finished tomorrow.
As for the next update(s), I plan to focus on some PvP updates and PQs.

Today's Updates:
Code:

- Fixed Notes/Memos
 - Removed Redudant Operations for Characters
 - Implemented Pet Spawns
 - Fixed Pets from getting removed when changing maps
 - Pet Spawns now save (when you logon, they respawn)
 - When Deleting your character, your items and data now gets removed with it
 - Fixed Pets from getting removed after entering Cash Shop (after exiting they're back)
 - Removed "Birthday Check" from Ring Effects.
 - Fixed Ring Effects GM-only check
 - Implemented "Add Storage Slots" Cash Shop Feature
 - Implemented "Add Equip Slots" Cash Shop Feature
 - Implemented "Add Use Slots" Cash Shop Feature
 - Implemented "Add ETC Slots" Cash Shop Feature
 - Implemented "Add Set-up Slots" Cash Shop Feature
 - Fixed Inventory Slots not saving and resetting to 0
 - Player Inventory Slots have been reduced to 24, increase to 96 through Cash Shop
 - GM Inventory Slots are maxed automatically to 96
 - Fixed Inventory Slot Coupons (Increases by 8 instead of 4 like the "Add" buttons)
 - Fixed Scissors of Karma
 - Revamped Cash Shop Caching
 - Fixed Cash Shop Inventories
 - Fixed Cash Shop Rollback (I hope this won't cause errors in future... :/)
 - Fixed Cash Shop Wishlists
 - Fixed Extra Character Slots
 - Fixed Misc. Cash Shop Bugs
 - Fixed Cash Shop Gifting
 - Fixed The Owl of Minerva (Won't show top 10 items though, will fix later)

Some screenshots:
D.ChaosMS v83 Revision Log - Page 2 YcBJhha
D.ChaosMS v83 Revision Log - Page 2 RmoGohz
D.ChaosMS v83 Revision Log - Page 2 2gkZwuu
D.ChaosMS v83 Revision Log - Page 2 QRoCVMH

Back to top Go down

Homura

Homura

Post by Homura Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:44 pm

Looks amazing! (Switching quickly to the modern cash shop UI subject) Personally, i despise it. And hopefully i'm not alone on that, so plz dont put it in ;-;

Back to top Go down

Ἒṝḯḉ

Ultimate Member

Ἒṝḯḉ
Ultimate Member

Post by Ἒṝḯḉ Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:32 pm

Homura wrote:Looks amazing! (Switching quickly to the modern cash shop UI subject) Personally, i despise it. And hopefully i'm not alone on that, so plz dont put it in ;-;

What? This is v83, we can't help but use this old modern cash shop UI from several years ago. The functions of the Cash Shop itself were broken, and it's now functioning like it's supposed to.  (Which is what my update was about, and yes, it's already in)

-- Also..
Today's Updates:
- Stability Improvement
- Improved Database loading
- Player vs. Player Revamp
- Fixed a few commands
- Re-structured monster damaging
- Raised Monster's MaxHP from 2,147,483,647 -> 9,223,372,036,854,775,807
- Implemented a Shutdown Server, will avoid lots of rollback upon Shutdowns now

Don't have any screenshots today because nothing was really "feature-quality", just some stability and server-sided updates today.

D.ChaosMS v83 Revision Log - Page 2 9h4UjVa
D.ChaosMS v83 Revision Log - Page 2 1LRQeR3

Back to top Go down

Ἒṝḯḉ

Ultimate Member

Ἒṝḯḉ
Ultimate Member

Post by Ἒṝḯḉ Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:47 am

We've officially struck Revision 10. Next few days will be nothing special, just improvements.

Some small updates today:
Code:
 - Re-structured handling processor
 - Blocked banned clients from having any connection to the server
 - Implemented Tespia Server
 - Removed several packages and files
 - Re-structured Login Server Handling
 - Re-structured Family Handling
 - Re-structured Cash Shop Handling
 - Re-structured NPC Handling
 - Re-structured Storage Handling
 - Re-structured Quest Handling

Looking for some suggestions now, as almost everything in the game is fixed (excluding NPC's, needs updating and re-scripting) and we really just need some new cool ideas to be added. (:

Back to top Go down

Redwolf

Redwolf

Post by Redwolf Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:07 pm

how about another area like the place where you get the khaos mask?
that area was badass, adding another area with the same concept (of being badass, really really hard to beat, and with great rewards) can be a nice add.
and if its not your resposibility you can just tell it to the other members of the staff, well, at least suggest it.

Back to top Go down

Ἒṝḯḉ

Ultimate Member

Ἒṝḯḉ
Ultimate Member

Post by Ἒṝḯḉ Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:28 pm

Redwolf wrote:how about another area like the place where you get the khaos mask?
that area was badass, adding another area with the same concept (of being badass, really really hard to beat, and with great rewards) can be a nice add.
and if its not your resposibility you can just tell it to the other members of the staff, well, at least suggest it.

Haha neat suggestion, but new map areas are not in my department.. xD

For example (of what suggestions i'm talking about):
- AutoPvP Ideas (I'm still not sure how I'm doing this yet, maybe like CoD and it randomizes TDM or FFA then goes for 75 or 30 kills in 10mins? idk)
- A 1v1 System maybe (Type @1v1 <ign> to actually 1v1 in your own map (nobody else sees you) and just PvP away. Maybe even add <x> kills = winner)
- Some other cool @commands
- A GMS feature you liked that's in v83

Back to top Go down

Telos

Telos

Post by Telos Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:43 pm

- Better capture the flag then GMS
- competitive team JQs
- maybe even a king of the hill style of game

Back to top Go down

ZackTheJudge

ZackTheJudge

Post by ZackTheJudge Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:45 pm

With all these major revisions, that means it won't be long now before we're finally back in the action?

Also, does Alpha plan anything new 'story-wise' for the PS?

Back to top Go down

Redwolf

Redwolf

Post by Redwolf Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:06 am

-How about a pvp in which you are skillless and can only use the lvl 1(or is it 0) sword, all your stats and armor doesnt mean anything, just a test of pure skill Smile , the one to score the most hits in a given time wins.

-A cool @command you can make is a command that lets you make your name "Anonymus" (both under your character and also in all functions included such as when you double click a character and then you can see his\her name), it can be helpful to avoid stalkers and annoying guys that follow you, also if you want to say something and then people wont hold it against you, since they wont know it was you Razz

this is what i have for now Smile

Back to top Go down

im gay

Ultimate Member

im gay
Ultimate Member

Post by im gay Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:21 pm

Redwolf wrote:-How about a pvp in which you are skillless and can only use the lvl 1(or is it 0) sword, all your stats and armor doesnt mean anything, just a test of pure skill Smile , the one to score the most hits in a given time wins.

-A cool @command you can make is a command that lets you make your name "Anonymus" (both under your character and also in all functions included such as when you double click a character and then you can see his\her name), it can be helpful to avoid stalkers and annoying guys that follow you, also if you want to say something and then people wont hold it against you, since they wont know it was you Razz

this is what i have for now Smile

I'm against that second suggestion, the only people that's allowed to become "anonymous" are GMs, mostly admins. Preventing others from double clicking to view character info is for donors. Anyways, players are meant to remain in all eyes and that idea just eliminates being able to stalk someone if you suspect them of hacking and exploiting glitches.

Back to top Go down

Aniki

Ultimate Member

Aniki
Ultimate Member

Post by Aniki Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:13 pm

If you want to test pure skills, I would recommend a 1v1, on a single platform, if you jump off you are officially disqualified (Chasing someone who continues to flee is annoying and not fun if you can only use physical attack).

How do you expect to deal damages to others when our stats are at nothing, even if you can deal damages (expecting like 1-100 damages) and what if the players have over 10k of hp (max is 30k hp)?

*Edit* What is your skype name? ...Actually, add me, the name is "Aniki_Zhen", I still want get on the same page as you so that I can understand what exactly are you trying to say!

Back to top Go down

Ἒṝḯḉ

Ultimate Member

Ἒṝḯḉ
Ultimate Member

Post by Ἒṝḯḉ Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:02 pm

Aniki wrote:If you want to test pure skills, I would recommend a 1v1, on a single platform, if you jump off you are officially disqualified (Chasing someone who continues to flee is annoying and not fun if you can only use physical attack).

How do you expect to deal damages to others when our stats are at nothing, even if you can deal damages (expecting like 1-100 damages) and what if the players have over 10k of hp (max is 30k hp)?

*Edit* What is your skype name? ...Actually, add me, the name is "Aniki_Zhen", I still want get on the same page as you so that I can understand what exactly are you trying to say!

Yeah, no, the anonymous thing is the point of being a GM really. You can hide, broadcast anonymous notices, speak through people, wear invisible nametags, etc.

A 1v1 type deal was something I wanted to implement, but I couldn't think of how it'd work. It's kind of hard unless we did something like Aniki said because people FJ everywhere and run.

Oh, also Aniki, PvP isn't un-balanced anymore. Thanks to Kevin, we've tested practically every skill at different levels with different stat statistics and they're now balanced properly. You won't see OP players trashing people with 30k damage 1-hit KO's anymore, you'll deal real damage towards the amount of HP you have like GMS's PvP.

Back to top Go down

Aniki

Ultimate Member

Aniki
Ultimate Member

Post by Aniki Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:51 pm

卐 ȨɌǏȻ 卐 wrote:
Yeah, no, the anonymous thing is the point of being a GM really. You can hide, broadcast anonymous notices, speak through people, wear invisible nametags, etc.

A 1v1 type deal was something I wanted to implement, but I couldn't think of how it'd work. It's kind of hard unless we did something like Aniki said because people FJ everywhere and run.

Oh, also Aniki, PvP isn't un-balanced anymore. Thanks to Kevin, we've tested practically every skill at different levels with different stat statistics and they're now balanced properly. You won't see OP players trashing people with 30k damage 1-hit KO's anymore, you'll deal real damage towards the amount of HP you have like GMS's PvP.
Awesome! Thanks Kevin!

Back to top Go down

Redwolf

Redwolf

Post by Redwolf Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:00 am

as for my pvp suggestion, i always meant it to be a 1v1 though i havent thought about it being on a single platform, which is a nice idea. as for the dmg, if youll read what i wrote before, "whoever gets the most hits on his opponent in a given time is the winner", this isnt about damage, also, you can make the area it will be in so that the max hp for all competitors are like 10 hp or so and there is no hp regen and potions are disabled as well. of course you will need to make the max dmg possible 1 so it will work.

as for the anonymus thing, i was not aware that was a premium feature, my bad.

More suggestions:

-Advanced teleport command: basically, if you want to teleport to a specific map and you dont want to go to a nearby pre-set destination, you can use another command, you can create a command such as @findmapid (that lets you find the map id via name or other details) and then do like: @advteleport <map_id> , and instead walking all the way you can just directly teleport there (obviously youll need to block access to maps like the gm map etc).

-A cash shop function that lets you enter a characters name and let you look like the character, it will tell you how much nx it will cost and give you the option to buy it right there, as well give you the detailed item list. (only visual obviously, it wont give the non-nx armor/weapons/accesories) (also it wont let you get gm/donor nx/visual items)

thats what i have for now Smile

Back to top Go down

Ἒṝḯḉ

Ultimate Member

Ἒṝḯḉ
Ultimate Member

Post by Ἒṝḯḉ Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:06 am

Redwolf wrote:as for my pvp suggestion, i always meant it to be a 1v1 though i havent thought about it being on a single platform, which is a nice idea. as for the dmg, if youll read what i wrote before, "whoever gets the most hits on his opponent in a given time is the winner", this isnt about damage, also, you can make the area it will be in so that the max hp for all competitors are like 10 hp or so and there is no hp regen and potions are disabled as well. of course you will need to make the max dmg possible 1 so it will work.

as for the anonymus thing, i was not aware that was a premium feature, my bad.

More suggestions:

-Advanced teleport command: basically, if you want to teleport to a specific map and you dont want to go to a nearby pre-set destination, you can use another command, you can create a command such as @findmapid (that lets you find the map id via name or other details) and then do like: @advteleport <map_id> , and instead walking all the way you can just directly teleport there (obviously youll need to block access to maps like the gm map etc).

-A cash shop function that lets you enter a characters name and let you look like the character, it will tell you how much nx it will cost and give you the option to buy it right there, as well give you the detailed item list. (only visual obviously, it wont give the non-nx armor/weapons/accesories) (also it wont let you get gm/donor nx/visual items)

thats what i have for now Smile

glad to hear you have so many suggestions, though the teleport command i won't be doing because that's pretty much a gm command and the reason for being a GM. As for the copying command, that's even higher than GM. That's an admin/owner command to copy a user's equipment list to look like them. Gonna work on v83 again soon and when I do I'll do some PvP updates.

Back to top Go down

Redwolf

Redwolf

Post by Redwolf Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:20 am

lol, guess my ideas are so good you cant help but keep them for yorselfs Razz Razz
hmm, if i will have more ideas ill write them here cause for the meantime i dont have any

Back to top Go down

Homura

Homura

Post by Homura Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:05 pm

Redwolf wrote:lol, guess my ideas are so good you cant help but keep them for yorselfs Razz Razz
hmm, if i will have more ideas ill write them here cause for the meantime i dont have any

Actually, I think GM's were pretty much always able to teleport to a map using the ID if i'm correct, and it was never available to common plebs.

Suggestion:

-Maybe instead of the occupation that could give you auto conversion of mesos to chickens, and etc, you can make an item that you have to specifically earn to be able to auto rebirth and such. With a command to turn the auto rebirthing on and off, of course.

Back to top Go down

Razel

Razel

Post by Razel Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:51 am

it would be cool if you have like a race system, like... demon/angel/android/pets/human race for players to choose (like the boomers/gamers choice thingy LOL) well, this is just part of my random idea so please don't take it to heart @@"

Back to top Go down

Redwolf

Redwolf

Post by Redwolf Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:40 am

Razel wrote:it would be cool if you have like a race system, like... demon/angel/android/pets/human race for players to choose (like the boomers/gamers choice thingy LOL) well, this is just part of my random idea so please don't take it to heart @@"
thats actually a pretty good idea as far as i see it,
you can create an npc or force upon character creation to choose from races, for example: if you choos elf you can use the pointy ears from mercedes/from kin, and make it permenant so you wont be able to remove it. for dwarf, you can give it a beard (both male and female :3, cause thats how dwarfs are normally) and so on.
also you can add a line in the window that opens when you double click a character that tells its race.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top