D.ChaosMS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

------------------------------------------------

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sky

Ultimate Member

Sky
Ultimate Member

------------------------------------------------ Empty ------------------------------------------------

Post by Sky Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:46 pm

The Swedish goverment on Oct 1, 2012 has taken down the PirateBay url and many other torrent sites. Take action today. Don't you want to still download those free games? FIGHT AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT. IT'S OUR RIGHT TO SHARE INFORMATION. WE HAVE RIGHTS. USE IT.

Last edited by Sky on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

-----

Ultimate Member

-----
Ultimate Member

------------------------------------------------ Empty Re: ------------------------------------------------

Post by ----- Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:49 pm

Sky wrote:IT'S OUR RIGHT TO SHARE INFORMATION. WE HAVE RIGHTS. USE IT.[/color][/size]

Not if it's copyrighted. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Sky

Ultimate Member

Sky
Ultimate Member

------------------------------------------------ Empty Re: ------------------------------------------------

Post by Sky Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:51 pm

----- wrote:
Books are copyrighted. Library shares copyrighted information everyday. Is that illegal?

Back to top Go down

-----

Ultimate Member

-----
Ultimate Member

Post by ----- Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:47 pm

Sky wrote:
----- wrote:
Books are copyrighted. Library shares copyrighted information everyday. Is that illegal?

The books were bought and obtained legally.

Back to top Go down

Minun

Dedicated Member

Minun
Dedicated Member

Post by Minun Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:56 pm

You also have to understand this from a different point of view. Of course it's nice to get books, movies, music, and all sorts of entertainment for free, but have you ever considered the people that actually work for hours and hours, in order to receive the necessities they require in life?

i.e. A newly starting music artist spends his Middle & High School years in musically related electives. He graduates, and continues to study music, and works hard to create his own sound. 8 Years of study, and about 2 years working a part-time job in order to raised enough money to find his own place, buy the equipment he needs, and other daily necessities. He then begins to practice. Day in, and day out he practices, and publishes his work. His rents are due next week, he needs to buy some more toilet paper, and needs to find something to put in his empty fridge. But where does he get that money from, if only 20% of the music he has sold, is legitimately bought?

I'm not saying I don't use torrents, or illegally download. But if we have the 'right' to steal their time & effort, why don't they have the 'right' to take it back?

Me likes torrents and all, but some people really are struggling out there.

Last edited by Abstractly on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Sky

Ultimate Member

Sky
Ultimate Member

Post by Sky Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:03 pm

----- wrote:
Sky wrote:
----- wrote:

The books were bought and obtained legally.

So you will only share and use information that is legal? Bullshit. Everyone did something illegal in the internet once. Illegally downloading a song, cracking games, and downloading free movies. Using copyright images without permission. Not giving credits to original creators. Don't be a hypocrite. Just admit it. Unless, you some how did not do anything illegal in the internet (Which I highly think nobody did.) Would you still apply these copyright rules to yourself? Drown yourself with all these rules? If the government really stops the internet, the economy is going drop. The internet creates more money than the big media companies alone. You can do multiple things in the internet, but what can a media company do? Sure the can give you entertainment. However, it does not compare what the internet can do. If you're really willing to stick the to rules. Go ahead, no one is stopping you. This only means you are supporting the government taking our virtual rights.

Back to top Go down

-----

Ultimate Member

-----
Ultimate Member

Post by ----- Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:10 pm

Sky wrote:So you will only share and use information that is legal? Bullshit.

Apparently, you're supposed to.

Sky wrote:Everyone did something illegal in the internet once. Illegally downloading a song, cracking games, and downloading free movies. Using copyright images without permission. Not giving credits to original creators.

True story.

Sky wrote:Don't be a hypocrite.

Whoa calm down. I never said I didn't do any of this.

Sky wrote:Just admit it.

I admit I have illegally obtained material from sources such as the Internet.

Sky wrote:Unless, you some how did not do anything illegal in the internet (Which I highly think nobody did.) Would you still apply these copyright rules to yourself?

Copyright laws should apply to everyone at any situation.

Sky wrote:If the government really stops the internet, the economy is going drop.

It will also drop if there is an increase in obtaining items without purchasing them as you should.

So, in conclusion, relax, buddy.

Back to top Go down

Sky

Ultimate Member

Sky
Ultimate Member

Post by Sky Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:39 pm

----- wrote:
Sky wrote:So you will only share and use information that is legal? Bullshit.

Apparently, you're supposed to.

Sky wrote:Everyone did something illegal in the internet once. Illegally downloading a song, cracking games, and downloading free movies. Using copyright images without permission. Not giving credits to original creators.

True story.

Sky wrote:Don't be a hypocrite.

Whoa calm down. I never said I didn't do any of this.

Sky wrote:Just admit it.

I admit I have illegally obtained material from sources such as the Internet.

Sky wrote:Unless, you some how did not do anything illegal in the internet (Which I highly think nobody did.) Would you still apply these copyright rules to yourself?

Copyright laws should apply to everyone at any situation.

Sky wrote:If the government really stops the internet, the economy is going drop.

It will also drop if there is an increase in obtaining items without purchasing them as you should.

So, in conclusion, relax, buddy.

I am not stating this as a complaint. Neither, as a angry post against you. It is just a simple post arguing about the subject. I do not see why to get so mad at this. I am just arguing that the government is taking our rights to share information and such.

Back to top Go down

-----

Ultimate Member

-----
Ultimate Member

Post by ----- Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:56 pm

They do allow you to share information... legally.

Back to top Go down

RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

Post by RayStormX Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:49 pm

nyeh. more torrent sites will pop up. they cannot defeat the internet lol.

Back to top Go down

الذئب

Dedicated Member

الذئب
Dedicated Member

Post by الذئب Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:45 am

This is wrong lol.

Apparently piratebay is just down cause of some server issues.

They just caught the owner of it.

Back to top Go down

Revenge

Ultimate Member

Revenge
Ultimate Member

Post by Revenge Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:45 am

Nawh,I second Ray and it's obvious they can't defeat the internet,I don't want my precious money to go for waste for games,haha c:

Back to top Go down

Flares

Average Member

Average Member

Post by Flares Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:03 am

If life could be like in GTA
Just walking in their fking faces with someone cleo mods and killin them

Back to top Go down

Mesofire

Dedicated Member

Dedicated Member

Post by Mesofire Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:36 pm

is it down now?
or not yet?

Back to top Go down

Sky

Ultimate Member

Sky
Ultimate Member

Post by Sky Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:41 pm

mesofire wrote:is it down now?
or not yet?
It's open up now again. Mod please close this thread.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum