D.ChaosMS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People in D.ChaosMS are abusing the fact, that they can't get a ban over scamming?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

People in D.ChaosMS are abusing the fact, that they can't get a ban over scamming?

People in D.ChaosMS are abusing the fact, that they can't get a ban over scamming? I_vote_lcap81%People in D.ChaosMS are abusing the fact, that they can't get a ban over scamming? I_vote_rcap 81% 
[ 17 ]
People in D.ChaosMS are abusing the fact, that they can't get a ban over scamming? I_vote_lcap19%People in D.ChaosMS are abusing the fact, that they can't get a ban over scamming? I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 21

Poll closed
Shads

Ultimate Member

Shads
Ultimate Member

People in D.ChaosMS are abusing the fact, that they can't get a ban over scamming? Empty People in D.ChaosMS are abusing the fact, that they can't get a ban over scamming?

Post by Shads Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:00 pm

What do you think?
I was pretty ashamed of the person in Player Report, trying to scam the guy all his items.

Opinions.

Back to top Go down

★§Bleak§★

Dedicated Member

★§Bleak§★
Dedicated Member

People in D.ChaosMS are abusing the fact, that they can't get a ban over scamming? Empty Re: People in D.ChaosMS are abusing the fact, that they can't get a ban over scamming?

Post by ★§Bleak§★ Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:01 pm

Well I find this true
I find ppl scamming just cause of items r rare and
that person is rarely since or was noob

I saw this few times

Back to top Go down

Lucina

Ultimate Member

Lucina
Ultimate Member

People in D.ChaosMS are abusing the fact, that they can't get a ban over scamming? Empty Re: People in D.ChaosMS are abusing the fact, that they can't get a ban over scamming?

Post by Lucina Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:12 am

yah to much people scams these days... we should have working merchants/stores in the unused fm rooms

Back to top Go down

Faze

VFX

Faze
VFX

Post by Faze Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:45 am

If people thought tactically and asked a GM to watch the trade.
No one would get scammed easily.

C:

Back to top Go down

Marshall

Marshall

Post by Marshall Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:41 am

^ Easier said than done. :\

Most of the time I ask a GM to assist in a trade they are usually busy, I know it's not their responsibility.

At best I usually convince the other person to drop first because I have a relatively good reputation for not scamming. But Faze you're right, people should think more tactically. If someone is selling donations for 10k chix it's prolly a scam Razz

Back to top Go down

-----

Ultimate Member

-----
Ultimate Member

Post by ----- Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:08 am

Faze. wrote:If people thought tactically and asked a GM to watch the trade.
No one would get scammed easily.

C:

What's the point of getting a GM to spectate if you can't get into trouble by scamming?? I think it'd be easier if the GM acted as the middleman.

Back to top Go down

Faze

VFX

Faze
VFX

Post by Faze Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:30 am

Like I said, get a GM to watch the trade
Both traders give items to the GM, and the GM transfers it over

Nuff said.
Don't make me repeat myself for the third time

Back to top Go down

Mel

Ultimate Member

Mel
Ultimate Member

Post by Mel Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:34 am

Alot of scammers use this against me
when I tell them to hand over the item, it's really annoying.
Even though we can't ban them, we could still jail them.
Scammers still scam if there's a GM watching, they just log off.
That's probably one of the things that bother me the most.

Learn to show respect and play fair.
Quit being a bitch that can't get anything without scamming.

Back to top Go down

Villian

Ultimate Member

Villian
Ultimate Member

Post by Villian Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:32 am

Mel if that situation happens why cant you ban that scamming player and give the item back to original person :O

Back to top Go down

Mel

Ultimate Member

Mel
Ultimate Member

Post by Mel Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:33 am

There's no rule against scamming, so I can't ban em.

Back to top Go down

[GM] Neko

Ultimate Member

[GM] Neko
Ultimate Member

Post by [GM] Neko Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:11 pm

If anyone need a GM to watch a big trade exchange, just PM me and I'll reply as soon as possible.

Back to top Go down

Shads

Ultimate Member

Shads
Ultimate Member

Post by Shads Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:03 pm

I think there should be a scamming rule added...
I'm getting annoyed of being scammed, and the server being scammed.

The scammers are big fat show offs. *hmmf*

Back to top Go down

Faze

VFX

Faze
VFX

Post by Faze Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:43 pm

Seems like mel doesn't know how to deal with players who don't listen

Back to top Go down

RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

Post by RayStormX Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:22 pm

^.
The middleman idea makes the most sense, as Ed said.

Back to top Go down

Mel

Ultimate Member

Mel
Ultimate Member

Post by Mel Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:57 pm

Faze. wrote:Seems like mel doesn't know how to deal with players who don't listen

Yes I do >:C

Back to top Go down

[GM] Neko

Ultimate Member

[GM] Neko
Ultimate Member

Post by [GM] Neko Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:52 pm

We should have Sticky thread in the trade section, where players can ask GMs to be middlemen

Back to top Go down

Shads

Ultimate Member

Shads
Ultimate Member

Post by Shads Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:52 pm

Who.. voted.. no..?

Back to top Go down

Knives

Ultimate Member

Knives
Ultimate Member

Post by Knives Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:57 pm

Shads wrote:Who.. voted.. no..?
Someone who does exactly as the thread has questioned, probably.

I have acted as a middleman during various trades, and they all went by without a hitch... Until one issue with Merchanters. I sat in jail with him, and someone else for around an hour trying to sort things out.

Back to top Go down

Shads

Ultimate Member

Shads
Ultimate Member

Post by Shads Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:09 am

Knives wrote:
Shads wrote:Who.. voted.. no..?
Someone who does exactly as the thread has questioned, probably.

I have acted as a middleman during various trades, and they all went by without a hitch... Until one issue with Merchanters. I sat in jail with him, and someone else for around an hour trying to sort things out.

LOL XD, Can you read your PM Pl0x? <3

Back to top Go down

Revenge

Ultimate Member

Revenge
Ultimate Member

Post by Revenge Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:27 am

IDEA!even if there is a gm watching the trade and then he scams and log off when he logs on jail him and force him to give the items back,he doesn't give the item?he disrespected or disobeyed a gm and you can get ban for that Right?

Back to top Go down

-----

Ultimate Member

-----
Ultimate Member

Post by ----- Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:05 am

Kill4Fun wrote:IDEA!even if there is a gm watching the trade and then he scams and log off when he logs on jail him and force him to give the items back,he doesn't give the item?he disrespected or disobeyed a gm and you can get ban for that Right?

Yeah well GMs aren't online every second.

I'm guessing there should be some sort of NPC which could be implemented. I was really thinking of a black market NPC where people would place their items in the NPC for sale and also where people can browse through and buy the wanted item. Then the sales would be able to be collected whenever they wish. Sorta fusing the idea with the whole Free Market merchant shop things.

One last thing, I really absolutely have no idea how people get scammed... me no comprehende...

Back to top Go down

Wind

Average Member

Wind
Average Member

Post by Wind Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:30 am

I like Muelz idea, it sorta reminds me of how Vindictus would set up their trade. If anyone hasn't played it yet, they set up their trade through a bulletin board where the player would put what he/she wanted, set a price range for it then leave it there. The time limit for it to be left there was - I believe - 1 week, after which the item would be removed - so there's no overflow - and if the item doesn't get sold, when the owner comes back for it, the item will just say "Expired" underneath the sell section. If it has indeed been sold, it will just indicate a "Collect" or some sort of indication that it has been complete and the rewards are safe in the making. This reduces the people getting scammed by a lot and, if your database is big enough to not overflow, you can leave your items there with it being guaranteed that you get paid back whatever it is you wanted.

Though the way Nexon had it in their system was they sold it through means of currency, not actual trading in items. If it was an item to item trade, you still might get scammed because you had to do that through players. A suggestion on doing this might be to implement the Vindictus trading system alternating it in some way so it has a built in trade function where you can offer a specific item to trade, then the owner of the item views your offer and accepts or rejects it. If it's rejected, no harm is done and the item is still on sale. If the offer is accepted, a transaction will be made so that both players will get their respective items through the npc.

Just a thought =/

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Member

♥
Ultimate Member

Post by ♥ Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:58 am

Wind wrote:I like Muelz idea, it sorta reminds me of how Vindictus would set up their trade. If anyone hasn't played it yet, they set up their trade through a bulletin board where the player would put what he/she wanted, set a price range for it then leave it there. The time limit for it to be left there was - I believe - 1 week, after which the item would be removed - so there's no overflow - and if the item doesn't get sold, when the owner comes back for it, the item will just say "Expired" underneath the sell section. If it has indeed been sold, it will just indicate a "Collect" or some sort of indication that it has been complete and the rewards are safe in the making. This reduces the people getting scammed by a lot and, if your database is big enough to not overflow, you can leave your items there with it being guaranteed that you get paid back whatever it is you wanted.

Though the way Nexon had it in their system was they sold it through means of currency, not actual trading in items. If it was an item to item trade, you still might get scammed because you had to do that through players. A suggestion on doing this might be to implement the Vindictus trading system alternating it in some way so it has a built in trade function where you can offer a specific item to trade, then the owner of the item views your offer and accepts or rejects it. If it's rejected, no harm is done and the item is still on sale. If the offer is accepted, a transaction will be made so that both players will get their respective items through the npc.

Just a thought =/

Isnt that auction then...?

Back to top Go down

Wind

Average Member

Wind
Average Member

Post by Wind Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:00 am

In shorter terms it is o.o, the word didn't cross my mind when I was typing it out >.<, but yeah to prevent it, auction houses can be made.

Back to top Go down

{GFX}Critical{WZ}

WZ editor

{GFX}Critical{WZ}
WZ editor

Post by {GFX}Critical{WZ} Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:10 am

You could also request a GM just use the command !edititems and take the wanted items out of each inventory and give it to the players who wanted the trade?

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top