D.ChaosMS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to advance / refute a player report

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

How to advance / refute a player report Empty How to advance / refute a player report

Post by RayStormX Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:02 am

The right way to create/advance a player report:
"Here is evidence of what happened"

"based on this evidence, you can see that...."

The wrong way to create/advance a player report:
"This player did this thing to me " *doesn't provide any screenshots or other evidence*

*anything you report that isn't covered under the rules*

*scams*

*not following the format*

The right way to refute a report:
"Here is evidence that I didn't do anything wrong"

"The evidence that you provided does not prove anything because...."

"That's not what really happened. There's more than what happened in that screenshot. *explanation*"

The wrong way to refute a report:
"OP is a faggot/ just wants to cause trouble / is reporting me because he/she hates me".
It doesn't matter what the motive of the OP is. If the report is valid, we will look into it.

"No offense but this is a dumb report, OP is dumb, whoever's involved should grow up"
Don't post if you have nothing significant to add.

I could add more, but these will do for now. If I see any other fallacious arguments I'll add them to the *wrong* way section. Just thought I'd put these here because some players are posting in the reports section and not being very helpful at all.

Back to top Go down

Shads

Ultimate Member

Shads
Ultimate Member

How to advance / refute a player report Empty Re: How to advance / refute a player report

Post by Shads Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:26 am

I agree with you Ray.

Not providing evidence or ENGLISH (PROPER GRAMMAR) won't help the person.

Back to top Go down

-----

Ultimate Member

-----
Ultimate Member

How to advance / refute a player report Empty Re: How to advance / refute a player report

Post by ----- Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:18 am

Yeah, this method would provide a much quicker and cleaner way of resolving disputes.

Edge wrote:Not providing ... ENGLISH (PROPER GRAMMAR) won't help the person.

Not everyone knows the proper grammar for English, especially people from Singapore or Malaysia, or anyone who isn't from an English-speaking country. If you are a clever person, you would at least try to decipher and possibly succeed in understanding what the person has to say. Yes, this is an English server, but they are trying their best to type English for you, so calm yo titties, cut some slack and be smart.

Back to top Go down

RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

Post by RayStormX Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:16 am

Edge, as annoying as it may be to read Singlish or any other form of broken English, as long as players follow the format we'll treat the report like any other report and look into it.

Back to top Go down

Shads

Ultimate Member

Shads
Ultimate Member

Post by Shads Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:06 pm

RауѕтогмХ wrote:Edge, as annoying as it may be to read Singlish or any other form of broken English, as long as players follow the format we'll treat the report like any other report and look into it.

Yea, it's annoying.
I just wish they can look at threads before...

ALSO All those Scamming threads...
READ PREVIOUS THREADS BEFORE POSTING ABOUT SCAMS!

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top