D.ChaosMS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Putting this out there for those who love one-sided appeals.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Knives

Ultimate Member

Knives
Ultimate Member

Putting this out there for those who love one-sided appeals. Empty Putting this out there for those who love one-sided appeals.

Post by Knives Wed May 30, 2012 5:32 pm

I honestly don't know if anyone noticed this, but there have been a few ban appeals lately that usually go wrong due to one-sided arguments (not to point anyone out).

If you were banned "wrongly", state EVERYTHING that happened during that time, with VALID proof. Hiding parts of the story/lying to Moderators that are trying to EXPLAIN things to you will NOT help you out in any way. We know when a punishment is just, and it helps 95% of the time to explain the rules (over, and over again). Ray had to explain this twice:

RауѕтогмХ wrote:unbans are rare and usually occur if the ban was unjust.

RауѕтогмХ wrote:We do give people 2nd chances, but only under certain circumstances.
I'm sure he would be pissed off if you guys do not pay close attention to the rules here. It's a short list of simple rules, not a 5,700 page tome about the Dawn of Mankind. READ THEM. It may help you with your argument. If you broke a rule, it's unlikely you will be unbanned. But, that doesn't mean it's impossible. Your argument might make sense to us, and we might work to get you unbanned. Some moderators are under HUGE stress because of you guys and your one-sided arguments. If we tell you that you won't be unbanned, then you will stay banned (unless an Owner decides to unban you). Do not put us under stress by going "im sorry i wont do it again pls gm unban me", or "the gm is BAD they dont let me speak", or even "they suck i hope they are gone the are bad gm". We deliver justice in our own ways. Don't like it? TELL US. We will try to set everything right. It may even end up in YOUR favor.

Just putting that out there. Enjoy your day.

Back to top Go down

Vourdeox

Average Member

Vourdeox
Average Member

Putting this out there for those who love one-sided appeals. Empty Re: Putting this out there for those who love one-sided appeals.

Post by Vourdeox Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:49 am

Bumping this as I think it could help a lot of people looking to be unbanned.

I think another useful piece of advice would be not to flip out when you're banned. Calling the GM that banned you a prick is not going to help your case.

Back to top Go down

RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

Putting this out there for those who love one-sided appeals. Empty Re: Putting this out there for those who love one-sided appeals.

Post by RayStormX Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:19 pm

This should be stickied. A lot of thought goes into unban appeals when Staff are deciding the final verdict. At least for me, anyway Laughing

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top