D.ChaosMS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what do you think GMs should improve on?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What do you think GMs should improve on?

what do you think GMs should improve on? I_vote_lcap14%what do you think GMs should improve on? I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 8 ]
what do you think GMs should improve on? I_vote_lcap7%what do you think GMs should improve on? I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]
what do you think GMs should improve on? I_vote_lcap7%what do you think GMs should improve on? I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]
what do you think GMs should improve on? I_vote_lcap9%what do you think GMs should improve on? I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 5 ]
what do you think GMs should improve on? I_vote_lcap11%what do you think GMs should improve on? I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 6 ]
what do you think GMs should improve on? I_vote_lcap11%what do you think GMs should improve on? I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 6 ]
what do you think GMs should improve on? I_vote_lcap12%what do you think GMs should improve on? I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 7 ]
[ 4 ]
what do you think GMs should improve on? I_vote_lcap22%what do you think GMs should improve on? I_vote_rcap 22% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 57

Poll closed
RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

what do you think GMs should improve on? Empty what do you think GMs should improve on?

Post by RayStormX Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:52 am

you may choose more than one option.
if you choose "other", please post with a specific reason.

you can also elaborate on anything we as a staff team can do to improve your gaming experience here at D.ChaosMS EX.

please note that this thread is for GM duties and does not include stuff like wz. edits, coding, gfx, etc.
you may suggest more options. you can cancel your votes or redo them as many times as you wish.

Back to top Go down

ҳҲҳ ÐƐƔɪŁ ҳҲҳ

Bot owner

ҳҲҳ ÐƐƔɪŁ ҳҲҳ
Bot owner

what do you think GMs should improve on? Empty Re: what do you think GMs should improve on?

Post by ҳҲҳ ÐƐƔɪŁ ҳҲҳ Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:08 am

I put other. Reason we don't need to improve on shit.

Back to top Go down

Pazz

Ultimate Member

Pazz
Ultimate Member

what do you think GMs should improve on? Empty Re: what do you think GMs should improve on?

Post by Pazz Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:09 am

ҳҲҳ ÐƐƔɪŁ ҳҲҳ wrote:I put other. Reason we don't need to improve on shit.

Le Agreed. But they should try to stop the fights between the players more often.

Offtopic: How the fu can every improvement get one vote? D:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

D.Leon

Post by D.Leon Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:13 am

Especially Responding To @gm When A Player Is Really In Need . I Got Hacked And Did @gm But Nobody Answered. Be More Helpful When You Aren't Doing Anything. Don't Just Go On And Sit In FM Doing Nothing. Help Some People Out Y'know. And Spy On People Once In a While. You Never Know When A VPA Will Be Close By. Also, There Are Getting More Dupers Now. So It Will Really Help If You Guys Do Something Contributing Once In A While.

It'll Also Help If You Hosted Your Own Creative Events Because The AutoJQ Has Like Only One Map And It Gets Boring With The Same Old Map And Winners.

GMs Are Supposed To Be Helpful And Not Dress Fanciful And Slack In The FM. Just Saying.

I Will Be Happy To Have More Helpful And Active GMs On This Server.
And Just So You Know, I Am Just Sharing My Opinions. So Don't Flame At Me For Sharing My Thoughts. Thank You.

Edit: Oh And One More Thing. I Think Yo Guys Should Really Work On your Anger Management and Learn To Be More Patient With Players Sometime.

-Difference

Back to top Go down

RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

Post by RayStormX Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:36 am

D.Leon wrote:Especially Responding To @gm When A Player Is Really In Need . I Got Hacked And Did @gm But Nobody Answered. Be More Helpful When You Aren't Doing Anything. Don't Just Go On And Sit In FM Doing Nothing. Help Some People Out Y'know. And Spy On People Once In a While. You Never Know When A VPA Will Be Close By. Also, There Are Getting More Dupers Now. So It Will Really Help If You Guys Do Something Contributing Once In A While.

It'll Also Help If You Hosted Your Own Creative Events Because The AutoJQ Has Like Only One Map And It Gets Boring With The Same Old Map And Winners.

GMs Are Supposed To Be Helpful And Not Dress Fanciful And Slack In The FM. Just Saying.

And Just So You Know, I Am Just Sharing My Opinions. So Don't Flame At Me For Sharing My Thoughts. Thank You.

Edit: Oh And One More Thing. I Think Yo Guys Should Really Work On your Anger Management and Learn To Be More Patient With Players Sometime.

-Difference
thank you for your input. for what it's worth, you will rarely see me in FM until I've done my obligatory !spy everyone routine. @gm only works if gms are online. if not, you get no response. but if gms are in fact on and they don't respond, call them out on it! I don't know if you realize this but gms can in fact sit in the fm while doing !spy on people, or conversing with players on guild chat/buddy chat/whispers.

your last statement is vague and I'm not sure who you could be refferring to lol... don't lump us together, that's rather ignorant of you. call out some GMs if you have to, even if it's me lol.

Getting hacked would probably merit a post on the forums.

as for events, please understand that events require the approval of owners before GMs can host any. Those of you familiar with my frenzied event-hosting can attest to my love for creative and fun events Razz

Back to top Go down

{GM} Night

Ultimate Member

Ultimate Member

Post by {GM} Night Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:40 am

D.Leon wrote:Especially Responding To @gm When A Player Is Really In Need . I Got Hacked And Did @gm But Nobody Answered. Be More Helpful When You Aren't Doing Anything. Don't Just Go On And Sit In FM Doing Nothing. Help Some People Out Y'know. And Spy On People Once In a While. You Never Know When A VPA Will Be Close By. Also, There Are Getting More Dupers Now. So It Will Really Help If You Guys Do Something Contributing Once In A While.

-Difference

Okay so.. Most/Some GMs have school and cant go on that much so if no one is responding, that means theres no GMs online or maybe theyre afk. I have the habit to go in game while doing homework some of the time, to chat with people and catch some hackers/abusers.

But even so, studies is still important. Thus if you see me afk, im probably watching videos/doing personal stuffs. Other GMs/GFXs will also be occupied with their own matters. For example, the GFXs are spriting/Jack is animating. We cant handle your cry for help immediately.

If you used @gm and no GMs answer, wait for around 10-15 minutes and try again. Sometimes, i ignore the messages because,
1. Theres a hacker/abuser
2. Theyre simply begging for items

Thank you for understanding. - {GM}_Exp

Back to top Go down

Magnus

Ultimate Member

Magnus
Ultimate Member

Post by Magnus Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:44 am

Some GM's Ignore you when you try to tell them there's a hacker/vpa.

Back to top Go down

shk1211

Dedicated Member

shk1211
Dedicated Member

Post by shk1211 Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:01 am

I think we Should NOT to improve on giving items to players because it kinda makes the player becoming a begger and a noob.

i used to be a begger when i started this server and it kinda makes me a noob

P.S. i didn't beg from GM since 3 weeks ago untill today, just in case people will think im STILL a begger

Back to top Go down

Kevin Lights

Ultimate Member

Kevin Lights
Ultimate Member

Post by Kevin Lights Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:00 am

Really nothing to improve on o.e

Back to top Go down

Kiraa

GM

Kiraa
GM

Post by Kiraa Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:40 am

Some need to get theyr head out of they're asses and realise that they were a normal player too once and not treat the players as inferior. Yes you have the power to do stuff that they can't but it doesn't mean you should ignore them and talk to them how you want, cmon guys get real. When someone says ''Haii'' and stuff, even if you dont wanna talk, just respond back it isnt so hard. You're supposeto MODERATE the game wich means HANDLING and actually LISTENING to the players probs, you're here to help them not treat them like trash. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Flares

Average Member

Average Member

Post by Flares Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:47 am

I chose other
Cause the server is awesome just they way he is right now!

Back to top Go down

Zalen

Ultimate Member

Zalen
Ultimate Member

Post by Zalen Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:52 am

Not to be a kiss ass or anything, but this server's GM team is pretty receptive. I couldn't pick anything because you guys have it down.

Although there is a large problem with the GMs "God Complex".
That's about it for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:45 am

Maybe it's better to add a thingy with 'Nothing, it's fine now', since half the people are like; ''It's fine now, GMs are doing a good job'' and such c:

But yeah, I don't really think there's alot to improve on.

Last edited by StomKoekje on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Job*)

Back to top Go down

Revenge

Ultimate Member

Revenge
Ultimate Member

Post by Revenge Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:18 am

They are mean to players and dgaf about players

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:25 am

{Derp}_Kill4Fun wrote:They are mean to players and dgaf about players

Actually, only to people who beg, don't speak proper English or those who stalk for stuff. Even just now (you were there) I was mean to some dude < Forgot his IGN C: > But it wasn't without a reason, he said that we're just a bunch of mean people who don't help, and if I remember correctly he also disrespected me alot when I was a super donor. I'm usually nice to people and try to help them, unless they start to get on my nerves. < Derp, I'm not trying to sound all nice and shit, since I have my bad sides too, but really, We don't give a fuck? >

So I say this is invalid c:

Back to top Go down

RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

Post by RayStormX Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:35 am

Perhaps we should get GM egos in check and go a little training every now and then to remind GMs that we have a job to do? I know quite a few GMs jobs are primarily wz editing or gfx or other things and thus dont really focus on the gm aspect of their job, so some treat it more like a privilege and thus don't act quite like a gm should. Then you get GMs like me and exp who applied with the intent of doing GM duties as best we can.

Notable exceptions would be mel, who destroys vote abusers on a daily basis, and crit, who also deals with the player reports from time to time

@kira lmfao yes, straight to the point.

Anyway, I made this thread to increase accountability on the GM team and let staff get feedback from players. It shouldnt be about making the staff look like shit but hey, if you think we're doing a crap job and give out some reasons we will address those concerns is possible.

I may make other threads based on the results of this thread, so keep em
Coming.

Back to top Go down

Knives

Ultimate Member

Knives
Ultimate Member

Post by Knives Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:59 pm

There are a lot of players who respect the GMs. At the same time, there are those who are like "F*** THA PO-LICE". It doesn't matter who you are, a GM should treat players with respect. (One aspect of that might be regarding their issues).

Off-topic: People used to say that I would be one of the best GMs if I was one. They say the same about Mel.

Back to top Go down

RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

Post by RayStormX Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:03 pm

Knives wrote:There are a lot of players who respect the GMs. At the same time, there are those who are like "F*** THA PO-LICE". It doesn't matter who you are, a GM should treat players with respect. (One aspect of that might be regarding their issues).

Off-topic: People used to say that I would be one of the best GMs if I was one. They say the same about Mel.

oh no sir, I follow the golden rule when it comes to respect, which works out fine most of the time lol.

Back to top Go down

{GM} Night

Ultimate Member

Ultimate Member

Post by {GM} Night Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:47 pm

It isnt totally our fault that we ignore people. Like donors, for example, pissed me off by breaking the warping rule(some warped to me in map 0 and saw me with some other people and ignored me when i listed out that he was breaking the rule). Other donors just pissed me off by warping people into map 0 even though they know im in there.

tl;dr: This is a message to ALL of the donors. You guys/gals better read the donor rules before i start reporting you. (Yes, this is something we GMs should improve on, enforcing the rules on donors since i dont see anyone doing it.)

Back to top Go down

RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

Post by RayStormX Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:30 pm

duly noted. gotta take a refresher on donor rules.
@knives you're like one of the nicest people I know. haven't seen you get on anyone's case, so it makes sense that people would naturally like you as a GM and hold you in high prestige :3

Anywayyy. As you guys can see here. We'll listen to your feedback (but we do have reasons for the things we do or the way we go about doing them, and it's in both our best interests if everyone understands where each other is coming from Smile )

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top