D.ChaosMS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

{GM}_Lazarus

Dedicated Member

{GM}_Lazarus
Dedicated Member

A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES. Empty A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES.

Post by {GM}_Lazarus Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:23 am

Hey there guys, {GM}_Lazarus here. I've been thinking about this, and I wanted to post something about Trolling and Internet Courtesy. So here goes:

Let's all start with courtesy on the internet. As you well know, the Mass of networks and connections the internet allows for is immense, and to boot it comes with a certain amount of anonymity.
All in all, this presents people with new methods of interacting with others. For instance, Interaction with complete strangers takes on a different tone. One can be a total asshole, or even psychologically detrimental to another person without suffering any consequences for their actions.

As Such, One also has a set of unspoken guidelines on courtesy over the internet. These generally revolve around not Insulting others, using correct grammar (or as close as one can get on the internet), and above all refrain form the temptation to rage on others despite the lack of consequences. It has occurred to me that this may be a problem on the server, so Putting it here may alleviate some of the misconceptions and indeterminacy surrounding such moral conduct over the internet.

Which brings us to trolling. Trolling was an art that has, of recent, been diluted with many of the angrier individuals on the internet. The use of swear words, insults, and inferiority complexes has led many to believe that if anyone insults another on the internet, they fall in this infamous category.

If one must know, before the onset of the internet, Trolling was referred to as being witty, with the greatest of these "trolls" becoming masters of comedy, or in fact satirists. Like I said, an art form of the highest caliber.

Now for the methodology behind "Trolling":

1. Never initiate the first insult in the troll. This shows weakness and lack of experience, and others will recognize your trolling immediately.

2. Never swear at the individual you troll at. This is incredibly unsophisticated, and reduces the name of troll to something common and coarse, lacking any beauty.

4. If someone calls you a troll, then you have failed. This means you can no longer troll, which in turn leads to your removal from the individual being trolled. A troll can only exist with a victim, so it is essential that you are not found out.

3. Use the person against themselves. If there is one thing people do the most, it is contradict/insult themselves. Be patient, and if the need be, edge them on.

5. Anger is your friend. If the other individual gets angry, then you have it that much easier when you troll them. Angry people make mistakes, and mistakes allow you to make wry comments against them in a clever fashion.

6. Don't get trolled. This happens when someone with a greater wit than your own is able to twist your own words against you, and sounds good doing it. If this happens, immediately back off. If you don't, you're liable to get angry, which is bad for any troller. Don't play into another troller's hand, acknowledge you''re defeat, and leave.

7. Your trolling style: everyone has a trolling style. Unfortunately for most, this style is described most aptly as using caps/swearing to annoy others. However, like a writer has a their own personal style, a true troll has a distinct way of trolling another. They may even have a trademark phrase. practice trolling every day, and soon you may count yourself among those great trollers out there.

And that's it. If you have managed to correctly troll, then you will be laughing your ass off as the other person struggles to find a way to get back at your incredibly sophisticated wit and brutal sense of humor.

Work hard, and someday you may use this information to do something more than read forum topics on a small community of maplestory players. If you're lucky, then maybe, just maybe, you'll even get off your computer and troll real people.

'Til next time, this is Lazarus signing off. Lawl.

A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES. 9936752

Last edited by {GM}_Lazarus on Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:04 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : If you're reading this, then you have just read one of the longest posts on this forum. I can almost guarantee there is no longer post on this forum. Even if I'm wrong, then you still have wasted your time reading one huge troll post. Have a nice day :D)

Back to top Go down

Knives

Ultimate Member

Knives
Ultimate Member

A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES. Empty Re: A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES.

Post by Knives Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:06 pm

This is by far the greatest thing I have ever read on the Internet. I shall pass this information on to younger generations. Now, we can ensure a more astute browsing experience.

Back to top Go down

Ἒṝḯḉ

Ultimate Member

Ἒṝḯḉ
Ultimate Member

A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES. Empty Re: A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES.

Post by Ἒṝḯḉ Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:42 pm

Excluding the troll master. (:

Besides, I've been the Troll Master EVEN after this:
4. If someone calls you a troll, then you have failed. This means you can no longer troll, which in turn leads to your removal from the individual being trolled. A troll can only exist with a victim, so it is essential that you are not found out.

I no failz0r.

kthxbai(:

Back to top Go down

Illegal

Ultimate Member

Illegal
Ultimate Member

Post by Illegal Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:19 pm

OYEYY! TROLL GUIDEE.

Back to top Go down

Sardine

Sardine

Sardine
Sardine

Post by Sardine Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:29 pm

[Owner]-Eric wrote:Excluding the troll master. (:

I no failz0r.

kthxbai(:

No, you aren't le trollmaster... tyvm

Back to top Go down

Ἒṝḯḉ

Ultimate Member

Ἒṝḯḉ
Ultimate Member

Post by Ἒṝḯḉ Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:37 pm

WilliNetwork wrote:

I no failz0r.

kthxbai(:

Yes, I le troll master... tyvm. (:

Back to top Go down

Λlphα

Owner

Λlphα
Owner

Post by Λlphα Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:55 pm

[Owner]-Eric wrote:
WilliNetwork wrote:

I no failz0r.

kthxbai(:

NoUAint.
A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES. Ujelly

Back to top Go down

Sardine

Sardine

Sardine
Sardine

Post by Sardine Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:41 pm

[Øฬภєг]_ΆŁρђą wrote:NoUAint.

This post deserves 5 stars!!

Back to top Go down

Fin

Fin

Post by Fin Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:43 pm

I plead the fifth.

Back to top Go down

{GM}_Lazarus

Dedicated Member

{GM}_Lazarus
Dedicated Member

Post by {GM}_Lazarus Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:11 pm

Lawl, None of You are the troll master.

This is the troll master:

A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES. Rebecca-black

She followed all the rules, and People are still responding to her video (I think its been a year).

All hail the Troll Queen, Rebecca Black.

Back to top Go down

Kiraa

GM

Kiraa
GM

Post by Kiraa Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:29 pm

{GM}_Lazarus wrote:Lawl, None of You are the troll master.

She followed all the rules, and People are still responding to her video (I think its been a year).

Dude dont scare me like that, my dawg saw it and died man..
I had a heartbeat loud enough to make my bass jelly.
Dude thats a really good troll..

Back to top Go down

Ἒṝḯḉ

Ultimate Member

Ἒṝḯḉ
Ultimate Member

Post by Ἒṝḯḉ Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:53 pm

[Øฬภєг]_ΆŁρђą wrote:
[Owner]-Eric wrote:
WilliNetwork wrote:

I no failz0r.

kthxbai(:

NoUAint.

Yes I'm Jelly, I eat jelly making me jelly.

Therefore; i'm jelly.

A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES. Trollface_The_Flying_Machine_Arena-s469x428-137060-535

Back to top Go down

Knives

Ultimate Member

Knives
Ultimate Member

Post by Knives Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:59 am

{Rคωя}Kιяαα wrote:
{GM}_Lazarus wrote:Lawl, None of You are the troll master.

Dude dont scare me like that, my dawg saw it and died man..
I had a heartbeat loud enough to make my bass jelly.
Dude thats a really good troll..

I second this, only replace "Dawg" with "snake", and "my bass" with "my set of nukes".

Back to top Go down

{GM}_Lazarus

Dedicated Member

{GM}_Lazarus
Dedicated Member

Post by {GM}_Lazarus Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:12 am

A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES. Real-life-troll-face-meme-generator-i-am-real-life-trollface-u-jelly-8ce8e8

You know you jelly.

Back to top Go down

Kentarn

Dedicated Member

Kentarn
Dedicated Member

Post by Kentarn Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:01 pm

A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES. Epictroll

Dem Trollz be Trollin.

Back to top Go down

{GM}_Lazarus

Dedicated Member

{GM}_Lazarus
Dedicated Member

Post by {GM}_Lazarus Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:04 am

A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES. Im_Here_To_Bump_This_Thread_Try_And_RE_Finally-s576x576-170769

DO IT.

ALSO, I BUMPED MY THREAD.

Back to top Go down

ジョンWZエディタ♬

Ultimate Member

ジョンWZエディタ♬
Ultimate Member

Post by ジョンWZエディタ♬ Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:45 am

{GM}_Lazarus wrote:A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES. Im_Here_To_Bump_This_Thread_Try_And_RE_Finally-s576x576-170769

DO IT.

ALSO, I BUMPED MY THREAD.

A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES. Kensley%20shut%20up

Back to top Go down

{GM}_Lazarus

Dedicated Member

{GM}_Lazarus
Dedicated Member

Post by {GM}_Lazarus Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:48 am

A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES. 128924600638219681

Back to top Go down

ジョンWZエディタ♬

Ultimate Member

ジョンWZエディタ♬
Ultimate Member

Post by ジョンWZエディタ♬ Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:50 am

{GM}_Lazarus wrote:A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES. 128924600638219681
A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES. 3535mu

Back to top Go down

{GM}_Lazarus

Dedicated Member

{GM}_Lazarus
Dedicated Member

Post by {GM}_Lazarus Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:53 am

Smadow wrote:
{GM}_Lazarus wrote:A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES. 128924600638219681

A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES. Relax-lol-jk-no

Back to top Go down

ジョンWZエディタ♬

Ultimate Member

ジョンWZエディタ♬
Ultimate Member

Post by ジョンWZエディタ♬ Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:54 am

{GM}_Lazarus wrote:
Smadow wrote:

A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES. Relax-lol-jk-no
A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES. 9536158

Back to top Go down

{GM}_Lazarus

Dedicated Member

{GM}_Lazarus
Dedicated Member

Post by {GM}_Lazarus Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:00 am

A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES. Funny_Pictures_General_Captain_Obvious

But seriously, I love you.

Back to top Go down

ジョンWZエディタ♬

Ultimate Member

ジョンWZエディタ♬
Ultimate Member

Post by ジョンWZエディタ♬ Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:02 am

{GM}_Lazarus wrote:A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES. Funny_Pictures_General_Captain_Obvious

But seriously, I love you.
A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES. D
But if you lie :c
A guide on Trolling/Internet Courtesy. ALSO, PONIES. D5e9b4ba-396e-44cc-80af-65227d619395

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top