D.ChaosMS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Client Bug(?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fate

Donator

Fate
Donator

Client Bug(?) Empty Client Bug(?)

Post by Fate Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:46 pm

So here I am, trying to play the server for the first time since I moved, just to discover that my client will not work.
I type in my password, as my username is saved, and then hit enter and boom. The client just kinda stops.
Oh but it doesn't stop entirely, no no.  For that would be too simple. Instead it won't allow me to edit my credentials or press login again.
I can however change the window size with alt+f4 and press the quit button. The mouse will change animations (to the little clicky one) when hovering over the bottom three options but will not change for "login."  Why does this happen? Who knows.
No idea if there is sound as I have it turned off.

And please, don't reply with "have you tried ______" because I most certainly have.  Guess I'll see you guys in another month.

Back to top Go down

Ἒṝḯḉ

Ultimate Member

Ἒṝḯḉ
Ultimate Member

Client Bug(?) Empty Re: Client Bug(?)

Post by Ἒṝḯḉ Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:12 am

This just means the loginserver is bugged. If you haven't noticed, I have updated to Rev 40. Within the rev, there is an unknown bug that happens randomly and will null the server. Not just the character, not just the map, the entire loginserver too. Because of this, it will let you "login", but is null and cannot connect you any further.

Just means the server needs a restart and it will be fixed. Although, it seems that nobody is willing to help bug report much anymore, so the new bugs have yet to be fixed. :/

EDIT: As for the login bug though, I question how it's possible. My biggest theory is a database glitch, since the first call when you click 'Login' is to connect to the database. If the database crashed somehow, it could explain why (haven't done enough testing though).

Back to top Go down

Fate

Donator

Fate
Donator

Post by Fate Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:27 pm

I would report bugs if I could actually get on the server.  Or if I had any way of testing them efficiently. So much salt

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top