D.ChaosMS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Starter Pack

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MrPimppi

GM

MrPimppi
GM

New Starter Pack Empty New Starter Pack

Post by MrPimppi Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:52 am

name says it all
i would like to see a new starter pack
in this starter pack should be stuff that lets you know what server you joined
with a level 0 weapon that you can use with all skills as all weapons
this flag could have 100-300 magic and weapon attack no other stats to be less op
something like a Wizstory/ D.ChaosMs flag
New Starter Pack Wizfla11
don't laugh at my bad gfx skills it was done in 2 minites lol
1 wiz coin this will do 3 things let people this is the currency to get the starting items needed Like pots and armor but most importantly it teach people what the coins are for and then in turn teaches them @dchaos
10k nx because no one wants to look ugly when they first start and we all know how fast 15k goes
that's pretty much it you don't really need anything else for a starter pack

beyond that you really dont need anything else
Let Pimppi know what you think=3

Back to top Go down

Fate

Donator

Fate
Donator

New Starter Pack Empty Re: New Starter Pack

Post by Fate Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:16 pm

MrPimppi wrote:this flag could have 100-300 magic and weapon attack

No.

MrPimppi wrote:that you can use with all skills as all weapons

That's not how skills work...
Unless you mean a different item for each class, which seems a bit odd based on your wording.

MrPimppi wrote:10k nx because no one wants to look ugly when they first start

Should we also just remove voting from the server?  
Some people start voting (on a daily basis) because they want that nx.  So by letting them vote once then having 1 full outfit it kinda removes any sort of habit forming for voting daily.

Last edited by Fate on Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:27 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

MrPimppi

GM

MrPimppi
GM

Post by MrPimppi Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:57 am

yes i mean an item or items that will be possible to use with all skills so starting people don't have to constantly change weapons i dont see why it would be so hard i kno claws work for an assortment of skills like wise with some skills. im not saying it needs to be 1 weapon it could be 2 or 3 or a small set.and at the voting thing i don't vote for nx i vote to support in the server on GTop, the nx is bonus. i'm not saying give the nx each character just 1 per new account. its only 5-10k, less then what you get while actually voting. how is that going to destroy voting?

Back to top Go down

Fate

Donator

Fate
Donator

Post by Fate Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:13 am

Alright let me break something down for you here my friend.  A brand new player, who doesn't have any idea about the server, will only vote for the nx.  Why else would they vote?  And by making them vote 2 days (in a row) it helps develop a habit of voting everyday, which helps to keep increasing the vote count.  

I started voting just to see how high I can get my nx without having some sort of admin set it really high.  I think I am past 700k even after spending a ton.  Why do I do this?  Because that's what makes me keep voting, otherwise I'd forget about it.

And just because you didn't really respond to "No." 100-300 watt + matt is ridiculous for a level 0.  That's literally saying "use this custom weapon forever until you donate to the server to get an msi or get a vote weapon" which is rather lame.  I'm all for a custom level 0 welcome for "Welcome to Dchaos" or something but I am not for having it be the strongest weapon they will get until they donate.

The skills side of things is just ridiculous.  If the player can manage to get enough knowledge about the server to rebirth into a new class, they will have figured out a way to get a new equip.  Sure, it's not gonna hurt anything server wise to do that so they can use any skills they want, but there's no reason to take the time to do it.  Plus, if they're a new player of private servers, they would probably have no idea that some type of weapon works for different class skills, I know I wouldn't and I'm not exactly the dullest knife in the drawer.

I like the idea of custom starter sets.  I just don't like the specific examples you gave.  
And no, I don't have my own ideas to share.  Just responding with my initial response to this.

Also I'm kinda done with this thread now that all my thoughts are clearly expressed, so other people feel free to give your own ideas since I kind of didn't.  I won't ridicule those.

Last edited by Fate on Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added that little last bit)

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top