D.ChaosMS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Returning/Opening Event

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aniki

Ultimate Member

Aniki
Ultimate Member

Returning/Opening Event Empty Returning/Opening Event

Post by Aniki Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:16 am

One of the time when D'chaosMS returns, there was a MSI Ring event where we would collect 1000 Maple Leaves, I was thinking it would be nice to have another opening event like that except that it doesn't have to be a MSI or a ring. It can be anything that can be consider rare, including "Etc." items.

Back to top Go down

Ἒṝḯḉ

Ultimate Member

Ἒṝḯḉ
Ultimate Member

Returning/Opening Event Empty Re: Returning/Opening Event

Post by Ἒṝḯḉ Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:47 am

i hope we don't go big on msi's again. zzz

As for the event, I think that'd be cool to have a "We're back!" event. Something where you collect leaves and you can turn them in for prizes. Although, GMS usually has events to go along with it. Have any ideas? I once remember a pull the rope game where attacking the rope would pull it more and the team to pull the rope furthest wins items.

and omg aniki u should skype me its been 5eva since ive seen u bae

Back to top Go down

Redwolf

Redwolf

Post by Redwolf Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:18 am

i thought maby you could try making a hide n' seek event: you have a lot of platforms and object you can hide behind, when the seeker finds you, he needs to attack the guy he found once to dusqualify him (of course all skills will be disabled so ppl wont use all-map skills or hide in unreachable places), as for counting the seeker (this is a rough translation from hebrew, sorry: basically its when you run to the place the seeker counted and say like "1,2,3 your counted" or something like that and then youre safe from the seeker) you can make a portal that you have to stand on for 3 seconds and then it will teleport you to safety.

how about this for an event?

if you have more questions ill gladly answer Smile

Back to top Go down

Ἒṝḯḉ

Ultimate Member

Ἒṝḯḉ
Ultimate Member

Post by Ἒṝḯḉ Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:31 am

Hide and Seek will probably be coded as an actual GM Event, yes. However we were looking for a temporary "welcome back!" event.

Back to top Go down

Redwolf

Redwolf

Post by Redwolf Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:41 am

i see, well, good i have another idea, and it requires your coding eric: human tower contest!
you can make an npc that lets a party enter together or join as a solo (like in league of legends, if you know how it works there) and then you can choose from 3\4 team sizes that are chosen by difficulity, like: easy:3 ppl, medium: 10 ppl, hard: 21 ppl, and so on..
as for how to make this event possible code-wise: on every char's head there will be a platform the next person can walk on, and the platforms are so that the characters have to be exactly in the right spot or the next person cant get on top of him because the platform is almost exactly in the length of the previous row. the winner is decided by who finished first, or if they didnt make it in time (there will be a timer) the team that had the most people in place is the winner.

how is that for an event?

Back to top Go down

Aniki

Ultimate Member

Aniki
Ultimate Member

Post by Aniki Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:13 am

Sure Eric Smile

A "Welcome Back Event" sounds a lot better, reminded me of the "Welcome Back Ring" (lol). I was actually thinking about Insane's Event Quest (Except you can replace the GMs with NPCs) where we collect materials and turn it in and move onto next npc, only until we finish the last npc, we will receive the item.

- I have a feeling that HnS may become a common event

- Don't understand the "human tower contest", isn't it like jump quest (w/timer) event?

Back to top Go down

Redwolf

Redwolf

Post by Redwolf Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:27 am

Aniki wrote:Sure Eric Smile

A "Welcome Back Event" sounds a lot better, reminded me of the "Welcome Back Ring" (lol). I was actually thinking about Insane's Event Quest (Except you can replace the GMs with NPCs) where we collect materials and turn it in and move onto next npc, only until we finish the last npc, we will receive the item.

- I have a feeling that HnS may become a common event

- Don't understand the "human tower contest", isn't it like jump quest (w/timer) event?
lol, nope, youre misunderstanding what i meant, think of how a normal human pyramid works in real life (probably shouldve called it human pyramid instead of tower) that's what i mean, but since you cant just on peoples head in the game you need the platforms,
now you get it?
if not, ill answer any question you have.

Back to top Go down

Aniki

Ultimate Member

Aniki
Ultimate Member

Post by Aniki Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:13 pm

Sorry, I don't think that I am coming to an understanding. Enlighten me on Xat/Skype

Back to top Go down

Redwolf

Redwolf

Post by Redwolf Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:38 am

Aniki wrote:Sorry, I don't think that I am coming to an understanding. Enlighten me on Xat/Skype
if you want me to add you send me a pm with your skype name and ill ad you.
beyond that, ill explain again. you know how a human pyramid is made right? there are a few rows, in each row there is 1 person less then the row below them, each person is on top of 2 others except the guys that are at the bottom which are on the ground.
now, to translate it into the game we need the platforms, when someone stand at the exact place they need to a platform will appear above their head so that the next guy can get on top of him to create a new row.
as an event, there will be a timer, the group that finishes building the pyramid first wins, or if the time runs out and no group is finished, the group that had the most people in the unfinished pyramid wins.
if you have more questions just write them here and ill try to answer, as for you eric, 2 things: 1) is this possible code-wise for you? 2) how do you like it as an event?

Back to top Go down

Smoothie

Donator

Smoothie
Donator

Post by Smoothie Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:39 am

I like the idea of collecting a select item and trading it in for something to give a boost (kinda like a msi but not so OP) or if not collecting items maybe make a custom quest line involveing Khaos? something kinda like how we get the mask but for a limited time? like what if it was something on the lines of *we once though we fought off the Khaos, But it seems like it has returned and is bigger and more terrifying then ever.* or something like that a new boss we need to defeat or something. idk its just ideas =P

Back to top Go down

Lxilk

Lxilk

Post by Lxilk Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:44 am

Could do a maple leaf collect event that gives points you can trade for IoC's?
2x VP is kinda cliche but could be a thing.
Level 0 weapon giveaways that have boosted stats but not as powerful as MSI's.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top