D.ChaosMS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What I DONT want.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Remove Guild notices?

What I DONT want. I_vote_lcap57%What I DONT want. I_vote_rcap 57% 
[ 4 ]
What I DONT want. I_vote_lcap43%What I DONT want. I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 7

Starok

What I DONT want. Empty What I DONT want.

Post by Starok Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:19 am

since there are no forums that focus mainly on what people dont want as a feature, i'll post it here. though i'm not even sure if developers ever come to this section and only have this out to make them look like they care.

this has been mentioned in game from time to time and most people might have actually become used to this because it spams all the time if you're in a guild.

REMOVE LEVEL NOTICES IN GUILD!

this is very easy to do, EVEN I CAN DO IT. to some that might act like smart asses might say "well just dont be in a guild idiot", that might be true, but a guild builds up a community, it helps the server in various ways. most guild owners would like to have more people in a guild to an extent of even offering to help new and even experienced players level to either: get them to join, or keeping them to stay.

so if everyone thought "well then i'm just not going to join a guild", then it would ruin the game. and of course, there is a buddy system. but most people wouldn't just walk by a new player and add them and decide to train them.

what motivates people to train other people is the competition of "most active guild in the server" or to just feel successful to have a nice and helpful guild.

now back to my point. with the level spam everytime someone levels up (and thats almost every second populated or not) would get rid of almost anything people are saying to the extent of it vanishing the second its sent.

at some points the only thing i see in the chat are level up notices. now is this feature really necessary? in a low rate server then i would understand, because people would actually say "congratulations" to people leveling up. not in this server where the rates are pretty high and leveling is as easy as breathing.

i dont see what you have in excuse of keeping the leveling notices. i've had people leave the guild for the sole reason of being spam-free of level up notices.

you developers of this server even went to an extent of putting a 5 minute delay to smega's for each person, and i'm sure thats to prevent spam. so why not remove guild notices to prevent spam?

Back to top Go down

Angeltalon

Average Member

Angeltalon
Average Member

What I DONT want. Empty Re: What I DONT want.

Post by Angeltalon Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:53 pm

Best I can say is ignore it or leave guild. I don't pay attention to it and if I am talking to my friends I use AIM or MSN since my client is always windowed. Me and my friends hardly talk on dchaos, only to those who ask us questions in game or talk in party since were doing HT together or something. I don't think developers are too worried about the lvl notices in guild atm.

Back to top Go down

Starok

Post by Starok Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:53 am

its not a first priority thing to worry about but its so easy to remove that it takes literally 3 seconds to remove it.

if i were the server owners i would've removed it on the next update. but i wouldn't release an update with just that.

Back to top Go down

Revenge

Ultimate Member

Revenge
Ultimate Member

Post by Revenge Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:46 am

Angeltalon wrote:Best I can say is ignore it or leave guild.

Smart ass /facepalm did you ignored it or just acting.

Starok wrote:to some that might act like smart asses might say "well just dont be in a guild idiot"

OT. I support this even though i don't play the game,it's quite annoying.

Back to top Go down

Angeltalon

Average Member

Angeltalon
Average Member

Post by Angeltalon Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:53 am

Revenge wrote:
Angeltalon wrote:Best I can say is ignore it or leave guild.

Smart ass /facepalm did you ignored it or just acting.

TBH its just my opinion. =/ Its easy to ignore. I'm just telling you what my opinion is on it. Anyway that's just me. Plus Revenge everyone can say their own opinion on here ^-^; No offense.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top