D.ChaosMS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First attempt at spriting need some tips :p

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BubbleTea

First attempt at spriting need some tips :p Empty First attempt at spriting need some tips :p

Post by BubbleTea Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:01 pm

So i was really really bored one day and had nothing to do so i decided to make a few weapons, tips on how to improve these would be really appreciated since this is my first time and i've had no past experience so i basically just drew a shape of a sword and colored it xD
First attempt at spriting need some tips :p Customcolored
First attempt at spriting need some tips :p Scythe I think i really screwed up the color on this one i tried to make it have like a blade but then i put purple on the top idk why :c

Last edited by BubbleTea on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

jεnn♥

Ultimate Member

jεnn♥
Ultimate Member

First attempt at spriting need some tips :p Empty Re: First attempt at spriting need some tips :p

Post by jεnn♥ Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:06 pm

welp, what everyone's gonna say is 'go to maplemation' or 'dat shading'
IMO, I think that looks like you used a magic wand, and used bucket tool on another layer. Shading should be added, (check tutorials maplemation/gfx section sticky/google/Deviantart (If that have).
The stick part should be a little longer, and the top part, should be longer this way <->
I am terrible , like really terrible at spriting , so correct me if im wrong :p

Back to top Go down

BubbleTea

First attempt at spriting need some tips :p Empty Re: First attempt at spriting need some tips :p

Post by BubbleTea Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:10 pm

Destiny wrote:welp, what everyone's gonna say is 'go to maplemation' or 'dat shading'
IMO, I think that looks like you used a magic wand, and used bucket tool on another layer. Shading should be added, (check tutorials maplemation/gfx section sticky/google/Deviantart (If that have).
The stick part should be a little longer, and the top part, should be longer this way <->
I am terrible , like really terrible at spriting , so correct me if im wrong :p
okay i think ill try to do the shading ill look at the tutorials and yeah i did use a magic wand and then a bucket tool lol

Back to top Go down

BubbleTea

Post by BubbleTea Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:34 pm

Okay, i attempted to shade it im not sure if it looks right it kinda looks off, can somebody give me a few tips on shading?

heres the before and after
First attempt at spriting need some tips :p Swordshaded
First attempt at spriting need some tips :p Swordid

Back to top Go down

†Zero†

Ultimate Member

†Zero†
Ultimate Member

Post by †Zero† Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:45 pm

Credit goes to SAI.

Spoiler:

RayStormX wrote:
sai usually doesn't get butthurt about his stuff being used as long as it is credited. which it is, in this case.

Back to top Go down

Magnus

Ultimate Member

Magnus
Ultimate Member

Post by Magnus Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:56 pm

Gradient Shading.

Too small.

Horrible choice of colors.

Back to top Go down

Xeclipse

Ultimate Member

Xeclipse
Ultimate Member

Post by Xeclipse Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:48 pm

more shade /I don't exactly see where the light is comming from
the axe thing look's strange to me
Put some soul into your work don't rush I know this your first time but put more effort

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top