View previous topic View next topic Go down

Neelio:3

Dedicated Member

Neelio:3
Dedicated Member

Insane's Message to the Staff - Page 2 Empty Re: Insane's Message to the Staff

Post by Neelio:3 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:43 pm

There are nice points in this.
And i understand that GMs are players. Players like to socialize!
I understand that GMs want some time to talk and have fun.

BUT
As GMs you guys have a job to help regular players and donors with our questions.

Not everyone wants to be a GM either. (Saying this though, many people would not turn down the offer)

I have seen a lacking of helpfulness in the staff ever since i started playing again a few months ago and especially after the new version update...
Yes it is BETA. It is not your day off.

Im not writing this to seem mean in the slightest and I'm sorry to any GM that reads this to think it that way. But all us players ask is to actually help more and screw around less.

Insane's Message to the Staff - Page 2 Tumblr_m0b0biCLjO1qhguvwo4_400 <3
MrPimppi wrote:{yes i said reduckulious it sounds funnier then ridiculous}

Back to top Go down

Water

Water

Post by Water on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:01 pm

Finally someone with some footholds who could bring this up and not get super shitted. "Next as far as server access goes I really feel its becoming out of hand. I don't see the need that almost every new coder have access to it. Ever since that happened, some GM accounts have been messed with and even then we have people impersonating GMs and getting their powers. I am really starting to feel that this staff has no order of security. Sure I understand you are here to add in source updates but please, stop fucking thinking so highly of yourselves. Your cocky attitude towards some of the GMs is making me sick and honestly I don't even know who the fuck some of you are. "

THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS. ALEJANDRO COUGH COUGH.

As a mod, I've been lazy lately with people, been trying to help more =P

Back to top Go down

Knives

Ultimate Member

Knives
Ultimate Member

Post by Knives on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:26 pm

This.

Thank you for straightening this up, Mike. Although, I doubt things will really change. Here's what I noticed.

When I was in Hide in Ch.1 hene, I checked out who wasn't doing anything, and how many people needed help. Then, I left and roamed channels whilst helping people. How I did it? Use !say to help one person, and eight more individuals will whisper me with their issues (since nobody changed my IGN to include {GM}). I don't mind it, because it's very effective. I can do my own thing while helping people with their problems. But to the Ch.1 hene campers... You are a disgrace to the name of GM.

(To the people who are curious if I really am a GM or not, I am. I just don't have Moderator status on the forums)

Back to top Go down

ღᏖᏂᏋᎥᏒᎩღ

Dedicated Member

ღᏖᏂᏋᎥᏒᎩღ
Dedicated Member

Post by ღᏖᏂᏋᎥᏒᎩღ on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:47 pm

Mike makes a good point.

A lot of our GMs have been slacking and doing nothing. Abusing powers and not being helpful at all. Not even on the xat. Alpha shouldn't have to ask for mods sometimes, someone should be on it. (I admit I HATE the xat box but I still get on it o.e) and in game, if people need help we should at least help in any way we can.

As for players, I've seen a few people that would say "I'd make a good GM, etc". I'm not saying that you won't but I hate it when people say that. I honestly do. If you think you'd make a good GM, prove it. Don't just help a few people and say how good you'd be, it takes a lot more than that. For those of us GMs who actually do stuff, it can be stressful and very irritating yet we still have to act professional towards all players, whether they're being immature or not.

Back on topic now; Our staff needs to step it up a notch and start helping more, all these complaints are horrible. C'mon guys, if some of us can do it, so can you! Don't just sit there and think that you can stay on the staff for very long while you're being lazy because eventually it will catch up to you and won't end well. It'll be better when we're out of beta and the server is bugless for the most part, but for now, let's try and make it enjoyable for the players as well as ourselves.

Insane's Message to the Staff - Page 2 826aea39a7ccde2584342824046272cc-d4obpn6 Insane's Message to the Staff - Page 2 59b0329b2ac6326eda42ea5fdccaea26-d4mw6vg Insane's Message to the Staff - Page 2 Pyramid_Head_by_KateSkirmish
Insane's Message to the Staff - Page 2 One_hell_of_a_butler__stamp__by_randomcreator-d3j8bnaInsane's Message to the Staff - Page 2 Support_stephano_stamp__by_chocogumi-d4twwai

Insane's Message to the Staff - Page 2 Sig_cici

Back to top Go down

Helmet

Ultimate Member

Helmet
Ultimate Member

Post by Helmet on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:52 pm

MrPimppi wrote:
Chrome98 wrote:how bout demoting inactive GMs and checking to see if they are doing their jobs right every once in a while if they're not...Demote HAMMER!!!! Twisted Evil

Or maybe even some GM req like having enough rep and post in forums so u know players like them and that they're helpful dont just random promote plz

what dose forum rep have to do with being active and helpful in game
if that was the case then they would just become a forum mob nothing else
that isnt the point of this post this post is about getting the gms that are slacking
to do their job not about demoting or how to pick the right people for gm positions

the point is that they were helping players before they were GMs idk bout the active part though

Insane's Message to the Staff - Page 2 AZE6DJp

Back to top Go down

Knives

Ultimate Member

Knives
Ultimate Member

Post by Knives on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:58 pm

Chrome98 wrote:
MrPimppi wrote:
Chrome98 wrote:how bout demoting inactive GMs and checking to see if they are doing their jobs right every once in a while if they're not...Demote HAMMER!!!! Twisted Evil

Or maybe even some GM req like having enough rep and post in forums so u know players like them and that they're helpful dont just random promote plz

that isnt the point of this post this post is about getting the gms that are slacking
to do their job not about demoting or how to pick the right people for gm positions

the point is that they were helping players before they were GMs idk bout the active part though
But about the forum ranks... That would be a terrible idea IMO, due to the fact that there are immature people who would abuse it EXTREMELY, thus ruining peoples trustworthiness. (Kinda like the immature people who set Shads' level to -130+).

Back to top Go down

RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

Post by RayStormX on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:25 pm

Well now that the community has spoken, it's time for us GMs to own up to our mistakes and strive to do better. I haven't been on much, and I'm guilty of almost never being on xat. My laggy ass home connection hasn't exactly allowed me to be capable of helping during the closed beta and the first few weeks of the open beta. I'll be set once I move back into my dorm though, and you can expect me to be on more often.

It's good that we have one of our own staff members around to keep us accountable.

-----
In regard to the forum rep, there's no correlation between being a good GM and having high rep. This is coming from someone with a shitload of rep. Some GMs aren't even mods, and some don't even have forum accounts.
-----

I'm not so sure about demoting inactive GMs. Some of the staff have periods where they are not on much, yet they still perform to the best of their ability when they come back. Just look at Exp and Uitaka to name a few.

And guys, don't be afraid to give feedback about the GMs, even if it's hella harsh and stuff. You might get shit back but at least you put the spotlight on potential problems regarding staff.

Back to top Go down

Helmet

Ultimate Member

Helmet
Ultimate Member

Post by Helmet on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:12 pm

Knives wrote:
Chrome98 wrote:
MrPimppi wrote:

But about the forum ranks... That would be a terrible idea IMO, due to the fact that there are immature people who would abuse it EXTREMELY, thus ruining peoples trustworthiness. (Kinda like the immature people who set Shads' level to -130+).

that is true but how else are we going to get good GMs? (dont reply i think i know what your going to say)

Insane's Message to the Staff - Page 2 AZE6DJp

Back to top Go down

RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

Post by RayStormX on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:21 pm

we could scout for better GMs.
we could open up applications.

The reality of the situation, however, is that Alpha and Toon have been hand picking the staff without the use of applications for quite some time now.

Back to top Go down

MrPimppi

GM

MrPimppi
GM

Post by MrPimppi on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:24 am

Chrome98 wrote:
MrPimppi wrote:

what dose forum rep have to do with being active and helpful in game if that was the case then they would just become a forum mob nothing else that isnt the point of this post this post is about getting the gms that are slacking to do their job not about demoting or how to pick the right people for gm positions

actually this wouldn't prove anything anyone can make another acc and spam votes on themself's making this rep pretty much useless in judging if a a person is helpful or not the only true way to find good gm's is that other people and gm's see someone has been active and helpful and hasn't wavered for a long time and get referred by a shyt ton of people and all of the useful and activ'e gms get casted into the position the proper way and have all the gms that are useful have their say if this would be a good person to be a gm or not last cuple of days i have seen how many gm's go on xat and i'm not impresssed at all to say the very least i'm not trying to boast but seriously go on the xat sometime log out of your gm xat accounts make a new one and see how much xat need you guys i haven't got much time to play since server went from closed beta to open you guys have no idea how many people need your help installing the game and changing ip errors are expected yet go see how many times there's no gm's there they are there but are afk and not answering much needed and easy fixes that would only take a second and a quick copy paste of this link http://www.dcmsforum.net/t6956-read-me-before-posting-cannot-connect-errors-updated and don't you dare say im just saying this to get gm im only stating my opinion honestly think i would be a horrible gm cuz i like to train alot don't ask me why i just find killing shyt is relaxing i however so see the need for us vetran players to step it up and pitch in that's why i probaly have lost my rank 1 for good and haven't done much of any training at all but only good can come from critisism like this so you gm's don't get all touchy feely when and emotional when we make statements and critisisim like this about how you are doing your job do it better and well have nothing to say its that simple also don't go think we all want you demoted and want to take over you positions this is really far from the truth some of us just want you to step up your gm role just a knoch and become a better gm that we all know ur capible of i think this is from both sides gm's and players alike not just from just players theres alot of gms voicing up as well just take this as food for thought and think about what everyone is saying and ignore the ones that want demotions those are most likely the ones that want you positions as a gm mind you if someone got demoted other gms would certinly pick up their feet that's all most of us want

David wrote:i totally agree with your statement. the community GMs applied so they can help around the community yet they do close to shit. Now I can not say that about all the GMs because actually some are very helpful. But as for the coders and GFXers who sit there thinking they dont have to do anything its ridiculous. If they are in a highly populated area they should have the common sense to know some person is going to bug them for help just because they have {GFX} or {GM} in their name. They should not think just because they help with server internally they do not have to help in game
gfxs job isnt to make sure everyone gets help its to make the cusom items everyone loves cusom maps items effect ect come in game to make sure it looks right cant be adding shyt that looks like garbage itf it dont look right they fix thats whay they are {GFX} and not {{GFXGM} thats what the gms are for to {GameModerderate} most the gfx arnt even gms in game only high ranked people are rest just do stuff offline and play as normal players do dont rage about stuff you dont fully comprehend F3

Last edited by MrPimppi on Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

NoWƒσямєя#1&2NoLyfer 48kRbs 1st To hit 5 digits in Rbs<333
Insane's Message to the Staff - Page 2 Newforum
{Λภgєℓ}•๖ۣۜєภ๔єг wrote:Pimppi's future signature; Aiming for rank 1 and catchin the bad guys at the same time! IM LIKE ASH KETCHUM!

Back to top Go down

RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

Post by RayStormX on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:38 am

Did no one pay attention to what I just said about forum rep?

Back to top Go down

{Ðяøиe}º[Я∑и]º

Ultimate Member

{Ðяøиe}º[Я∑и]º
Ultimate Member

Post by {Ðяøиe}º[Я∑и]º on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:46 am

Finally a GM that Understands.

Made by Baka<3

SNSD Tiffany<3

Insane's Message to the Staff - Page 2 EVZRQ1_zps06ef2a4e

Back to top Go down

MrPimppi

GM

MrPimppi
GM

Post by MrPimppi on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:31 am

RayStormX wrote:we could scout for better GMs.
we could open up applications.

The reality of the situation, however, is that Alpha and Toon have been hand picking the staff without the use of applications for quite some time now.
when i posted mine it was right after chrome posted his lol
so i didnt see what you said until now Xd
but like i said i dont think it would be a good idea isnt that kinda agreeing with you?
sorry rayray i didnt mean to post somthing irrelivent
just my post for some reason lagged and came in after everyone elses
when it was before everyones i posted that like 2 hours ago lol

{Λภgєℓ}•๖ۣۜєภ๔єг wrote:Pimppi's future signature; Aiming for rank 1 and catchin the bad guys at the same time! IM LIKE ASH KETCHUM!

Back to top Go down

Akihiko-San

Akihiko-San

Post by Akihiko-San on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:00 pm

This is just turning into alot of hate. -.- If some has a Problem ask another player its just that simple if you need gm assistance, post in the forum.
Yeah some gms are inactive and some rock this world but you shouldnt hate them. Everyone here just wants to get a gm kicked so that they can be one. yeah im new but not new to a Private sever community. If this forum and this ideal contuines D.Chaos with Turn into a Civil war causing players too leave.
Come guys let us rally in Peace xD and love xD ...thats was alittle too hippy lol
But really lets get are act together and be a Family.

Spoiler:
Insane's Message to the Staff - Page 2 Tumblr_m8150nSf5m1r8x55lo1_r2_500

Back to top Go down

Water

Water

Post by Water on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:48 pm

Akihiko-San wrote:This is just turning into alot of hate. -.- If some has a Problem ask another player its just that simple if you need gm assistance, post in the forum.
Yeah some gms are inactive and some rock this world but you shouldnt hate them. Everyone here just wants to get a gm kicked so that they can be one. yeah im new but not new to a Private sever community. If this forum and this ideal contuines D.Chaos with Turn into a Civil war causing players too leave.
Come guys let us rally in Peace xD and love xD ...thats was alittle too hippy lol

Erm, wtf are you even saying. GMs jobs are to help people with problems, which they havent been doing lately (very much, including myself <<xat mod). Exactly, you are new. You have no idea whats even going on other than the few paragraphs that mike posted. So please, hush yourself.

Back to top Go down

Logan

Ultimate Member

Logan
Ultimate Member

Post by Logan on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:57 pm

i help atleast 50 players in game a day or more. and im the only one who actually warps to them and helps them.. at least from what i have seen. others just ignore when they say {GM}___ my character is stuck what do i do? so i do agree that most of the GMs need to read this. as for myself i need to help on the chat box more

#FuckLife

Back to top Go down

chaosdevel

Post by chaosdevel on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:04 pm

I for one appricaaite this, though i usually find a gm that can help me sooner or later ;_:

Back to top Go down

Akihiko-San

Akihiko-San

Post by Akihiko-San on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:06 pm

Water wrote:
Akihiko-San wrote:This is just turning into alot of hate. -.- If some has a Problem ask another player its just that simple if you need gm assistance, post in the forum.

Erm, wtf are you even saying. GMs jobs are to help people with problems, which they havent been doing lately (very much, including myself <<xat mod). Exactly, you are new. You have no idea whats even going on other than the few paragraphs that mike posted. So please, hush yourself.

you just clarified my first statement. Why the hate and your putting all gms under one roof.
I was make my state on my view point from helping people out around the forum and in the chat.
and i said i was new to this sever, i know what happens when things go wrong like this. Ive seen this problem first hand. yeah its gms job to help but its also ours because we are players of the game. its called Sportsmanship.
so uh Please Hush yourself. Very Happy have a Pleasant day !

Spoiler:
Insane's Message to the Staff - Page 2 Tumblr_m8150nSf5m1r8x55lo1_r2_500

Back to top Go down

Minun

Dedicated Member

Minun
Dedicated Member

Post by Minun on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:51 pm

Akihiko, I'm not sure how you exactly got the conclusion of "Everyone here just wants to get a gm kicked so that they can be one.". But I would appreciate it if you wouldn't make such an assumption, and respect our critique and opinions about this. "Why the hate and your putting all gms under one roof." You agree with the statement that we shouldn't put GMs under one roof, but why are you putting all the Players here under one roof as well? Not all of us are alike.

Sure there's some hate and hurt feelings about this. But player's feedback is immensely important in the development of the server. A server has players, and players create the server. If there are no players, there is no server. Some of us are irritated about the quality of the server, and are pointing out flaws that could be improved upon. If these flaws are fixed, the quality of the server improves. Happy players, proud Staff.

Back to top Go down

Calmsad

Calmsad

Post by Calmsad on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:01 pm

Some of the GMs were pretty cool...

The moon silently tells, in a voice unheard by all. The stars secretly tell, with letters known by none.

Spoiler:
Insane's Message to the Staff - Page 2 Nchij_e22_p6

Back to top Go down

シ♠♣Ðȇʋîƞƞ♥♦シ

Average Member

シ♠♣Ðȇʋîƞƞ♥♦シ
Average Member

Post by シ♠♣Ðȇʋîƞƞ♥♦シ on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:31 pm

I could not even agree more. I cannot remember how many times I've been ignored or got a sarcastic response by GM's when I first started. I still see players asking GM's for help but get ignored, so I then I end up butting in and try to help them, and If I cant help them there is usually another player telling them some advise. That's how I got help; by players, I rarely got any help from staff, But when I did, it was usually from Theiry, Android, Uitaka, Ender, or Eric.

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly know how far one can go - T.S. Elliot

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde

[Goals]

Reach 50 Posts [x]
Reach 69 posts [x]
Reach 100 posts []
Reach 200 posts []
Reach 500 posts []
Reach 1000 Posts []
Reach 1337 Posts []
Donate $30+ [x]
Become Member+ []
Be in Support Team []

Back to top Go down

[GM] Neko

Ultimate Member

[GM] Neko
Ultimate Member

Post by [GM] Neko on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:59 pm

Before Beta started, I did occasionally go on the server. But, I would stay away from high traffic maps since I'm using this shit dinosaur. I'm not saying I have an excuse to why I haven't been acting accordingly. Sorry to everyone who did needed my assistance. I'm still awaiting for my laptop. When I do get my hands on my laptop, I'll attempt to fix this bad rep.

inb4 someone tries to twist my words.

Siggies:

Insane's Message to the Staff - Page 2 D_chaos_forum_patrols__by_cravemythoughts-d55m7xn

Back to top Go down

MrPimppi

GM

MrPimppi
GM

Post by MrPimppi on Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:59 am

[GM] Neko wrote:Before Beta started, I did occasionally go on the server. But, I would stay away from high traffic maps since I'm using this shit dinosaur. I'm not saying I have an excuse to why I haven't been acting accordingly. Sorry to everyone who did needed my assistance. I'm still awaiting for my laptop. When I do get my hands on my laptop, I'll attempt to fix this bad rep.

inb4 someone tries to twist my words.
1 person can't change the way the whole server feels about the staff. I know it's not every staff member's fault, but that's just how it is. Look at donors for example, we once had so much power and basically one person ruined it all for all the other donors ~Cough~ Sohofag. Its been going on for far to long for 1 person to make a difference so it's going to take most if not all of you guys to pitch in just a lil bit more and step it up for the sake of all your fellow GMs. I know many GMs may think most if not all players want you demoted just so players like us can have a chance to get GM status, however for the most part, this does not apply for most of us. Don't get me wrong, if i was offered GM, it would be hard to say no and might just possibly take it in a heart beat, but on the other hand, I would wear the status like a badge of honor and do that title justice and not change for who i am [well maybe work on my grammar and spelling, can't expect too much from a 24 year old drop out that smokes way to much weed LOL] or what i do [trust me, that's a lot F3] I don't really care that much for the title of GM, either way I'm going to help everyone i can, be active and report abusers, hackers bugs and glitches. I'm pretty confident that i'll probably never be a GM like 99.99% of the people out there but that's completely fine with me as long as every GM who's not taking their job seriously start to. Just take this as constructive criticism and not look at this as "we want your gm positions". There are many ways you guys can try to pick it up a knoch but i'm not saying that even though you are GMs, you should know what you're doing wrong. I'm sure it will make everyone happy to see the staff have even a slight chance in their attitude and behavior. This I'm sure will give all the players a change of heart.

Back to top Go down

Water

Water

Post by Water on Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:06 am

Dice wrote:
{GM}Light wrote:....Guys you say we are bad staff so you can be a gm (Insane i think 2 of the comments people post is because they think it is true) i think most of them is so people get demoted and then they can become gm. Evil or Very Mad

I actually made a forum account just to say this:
It's disgusting that you don't think that our critique of the work of GMs is credible due to your inability to take criticism. Not everyone wants to be a GM, some of us can recognize the hard work that GMs actually have to put up with. DChaos isn't always a game for GMs, it's a fucking job. And what do you do at a job? You work. Not everybody wants to be a GM. We have the right to have an opinion about you and how you do your job. If you're not fucking doing it right, we won't be happy. That's the way the world works. If I don't like the president, I certainly won't become the president by saying I don't like how he does his job. I'm voicing my opinion in the hopes of making a change. If you can't accept that some people just aren't happy with how you do your job, you don't deserve your title and the privileges associated with it.

Wtf does this have to do with anything he is saying, you are just a simple noob too. 80+% of the kids posting on this are kids who made forum accounts and just came for v112 so that they could get people demoted so they could be a GM. They don't even know whats going on they just want people to get demoted for their own personal gain. Then theres the other 20% who have been here and KNOW what is actually happening apart from a few kids getting ignored, this has been like this for a while now and all these greedy little new kids just want power.

Back to top Go down

Lesty

Lesty

Post by Lesty on Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:57 am

Well Water, Dice's Comment has relevance to what GM Light is saying:

It looks to me from the comment that Light has made that he seems to think that many people are criticizing GMs and placing them in a bad light just ensure that some of the staff are demoted and to try and take over their GM positions. This is true that some of the people wish to do this, but this also shows the this GM is unable to take criticism and simply shrugging it off as Jealousy. GMs stand for Game Moderators which therefore implies that they should be helping other people, I know their work is hard but if you cannot handle the stress, do not invoke the self-pity card. It's seriously shameful and shows that person is incapable of handing such a job.

Furthermore, your comment is quite biased and you are not seeing the entire picture. You really believe that most of the people in the community want to take the GM jobs for themselves? What are you basing this on?

But as you said this problem with the GM has been going on for quite a while, some people like Dice and I would like to see this problem resolved.

So please don't try and initiate the Blame game.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top