D.ChaosMS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The full story of Murial.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Knives

Ultimate Member

Knives
Ultimate Member

The full story of Murial. Empty The full story of Murial.

Post by Knives Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:18 pm

It appears she is descending upon us in 8.1, so I might as well tell the story based upon the TRUE bits and pieces collected over time. There once was a GM for Global Maplestory named Murial. She was rumored to be one of the kindest of Nexon's staff. The reason for this, is because she held the record for most public appearances. She would help new players fiind their way (particularly Warriors, since it was the most flexible class at the time). Besides helping new players out, she would always hang around in Perion during her free time. She liked to stay there, because she was the one who designed that map. One day, the rest of the Nexon staff wanted to create a monument for her friendliness. So, the coders created an NPC of her that would be in Perion to give random tips to players below level 30. This NPC coding, however, was bugged. It initially was supposed to act as an AI "Player" with stats, and all. The stats, however, would be Null, making the NPC "Player" invulnerable to any mob/player attacks. This Nr.PC was lacking in a name. They didn't want players to search for her through her IGN of [GM]_Light (which isn't really possible, due to the brackets and underscore). One day, however, she disappeared. None of the staff members have heard any news of her absence that day, nor did they bother finding out. The next day, she was still absent. A higher staff member called her household to ask of her wellness, but there was no response. Days turned to weeks, weeks into a month, with still no sign of her. Some thought she was gravely ill, others thought she informally quit. One of her friends called her phone, and heard news that she had died one month ago due to a household accident. Knowing this, the Nexon coders removed the Murial NPC from the game. What they didn't know, is that the bugged part of the NPC was never fixed. Also, they only removed the NPC from Channel 1. The bug in the NPC made it sometimes invisible. Only when a large amount of item entities are in the map, will it reappear. The bug, however, isn't in the WZ anymore, causing players to disconnect a few seconds after witnessing the NPC. This was all during version V.55-V.60. After V.75 was released, however, the coders were successfully able to remove the bug, but didn't remove the NPC. When the Big Bang update came out, however, Perion was re-created. The spot where the NPC stood on was nonexistent. Now, some players would be able to see this NPC based upon where they stood in the map.

When I saw her, I was in Arcania channel 4 on my Mechanic. I saw it, and clicked on it. It had Null stats, a level with the Infinite symbol on it, and no IGN. Shortly after, I disconnected randomly. I tried searching for it again after level 30, and it wasn't there. Coincidence?

Anywho, that is the FULL story of Murial, as pieced together by the true parts told by many-a-player (plus my research).

On another note, I went into an old old V.55 Character.WZ file, and found her weapon's images. It is a slightly recolored version of the Polearm named "Eclipse". If you want the images, PM me.

Back to top Go down

Jeff

Ultimate Member

Jeff
Ultimate Member

The full story of Murial. Empty Re: The full story of Murial.

Post by Jeff Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Knives wrote:It appears she is descending upon us in 8.1, so I might as well tell the story based upon the TRUE bits and pieces collected over time. There once was a GM for Global Maplestory named Murial. She was rumored to be one of the kindest of Nexon's staff. The reason for this, is because she held the record for most public appearances. She would help new players fiind their way (particularly Warriors, since it was the most flexible class at the time). Besides helping new players out, she would always hang around in Perion during her free time. She liked to stay there, because she was the one who designed that map. One day, the rest of the Nexon staff wanted to create a monument for her friendliness. So, the coders created an NPC of her that would be in Perion to give random tips to players below level 30. This NPC coding, however, was bugged. It initially was supposed to act as an AI "Player" with stats, and all. The stats, however, would be Null, making the NPC "Player" invulnerable to any mob/player attacks. This Nr.PC was lacking in a name. They didn't want players to search for her through her IGN of [GM]_Light (which isn't really possible, due to the brackets and underscore). One day, however, she disappeared. None of the staff members have heard any news of her absence that day, nor did they bother finding out. The next day, she was still absent. A higher staff member called her household to ask of her wellness, but there was no response. Days turned to weeks, weeks into a month, with still no sign of her. Some thought she was gravely ill, others thought she informally quit. One of her friends called her phone, and heard news that she had died one month ago due to a household accident. Knowing this, the Nexon coders removed the Murial NPC from the game. What they didn't know, is that the bugged part of the NPC was never fixed. Also, they only removed the NPC from Channel 1. The bug in the NPC made it sometimes invisible. Only when a large amount of item entities are in the map, will it reappear. The bug, however, isn't in the WZ anymore, causing players to disconnect a few seconds after witnessing the NPC. This was all during version V.55-V.60. After V.75 was released, however, the coders were successfully able to remove the bug, but didn't remove the NPC. When the Big Bang update came out, however, Perion was re-created. The spot where the NPC stood on was nonexistent. Now, some players would be able to see this NPC based upon where they stood in the map.

When I saw her, I was in Arcania channel 4 on my Mechanic. I saw it, and clicked on it. It had Null stats, a level with the Infinite symbol on it, and no IGN. Shortly after, I disconnected randomly. I tried searching for it again after level 30, and it wasn't there. Coincidence?

Anywho, that is the FULL story of Murial, as pieced together by the true parts told by many-a-player (plus my research).

On another note, I went into an old old V.55 Character.WZ file, and found her weapon's images. It is a slightly recolored version of the Polearm named "Eclipse". If you want the images, PM me.

Cool story bro

Back to top Go down

fuckboiii.com

Ultimate Member

fuckboiii.com
Ultimate Member

Post by fuckboiii.com Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:35 pm

So is Murial a Real Person? O__O

Back to top Go down

Knives

Ultimate Member

Knives
Ultimate Member

Post by Knives Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:39 pm

She was. She is long deceased, now.

Back to top Go down

fuckboiii.com

Ultimate Member

fuckboiii.com
Ultimate Member

Post by fuckboiii.com Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:52 pm

Kinda Creepy

Back to top Go down

Leader

Dedicated Member

Leader
Dedicated Member

Post by Leader Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:48 pm

The full story of Murial. You+mad+_4c4da46e662802f7dfbcbbce81305ed2

Back to top Go down

Λlphα

Owner

Λlphα
Owner

Post by Λlphα Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:00 pm

I would like to see the img AND the ID.

Back to top Go down

Knives

Ultimate Member

Knives
Ultimate Member

Post by Knives Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:08 pm

[Øฬภєг]•๖ۣۜΛŁρђą wrote:I would like to see the img AND the ID.
Not sure what the ID of it is (since I recently downloaded a newer version of HaRepacker that can't read V.55 files anymore). I think that's why there's so many IDs for "Eclipse". I'm not sure if they removed it, but here is a bit of what I found.

The full story of Murial. Fly_110The full story of Murial. Prone_10The full story of Murial. Swingp10

I'll PM you all of the images.

Back to top Go down

ρяσησσв™

Ultimate Member

ρяσησσв™
Ultimate Member

Post by ρяσησσв™ Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:44 pm

Wow creepy

Back to top Go down

๖ۣۜTøσn

Owner

๖ۣۜTøσn
Owner

Post by ๖ۣۜTøσn Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:41 am

Woah fucking nice o-o

Back to top Go down

Aη¢нσFlaмє

Dedicated Member

Aη¢нσFlaмє
Dedicated Member

Post by Aη¢нσFlaмє Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:07 am

How to make her appear in GMS i tried but didnt work

Back to top Go down

ジョンWZエディタ♬

Ultimate Member

ジョンWZエディタ♬
Ultimate Member

Post by ジョンWZエディタ♬ Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:49 am

Lol awesome story o-o

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top