Serious discussion, anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Axolotl

Dedicated Member

Axolotl
Dedicated Member

Posts : 122
Points : 161
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-12-17
Age : 21
Location : Equestria

Serious discussion, anyone? Empty Serious discussion, anyone?

Post by Axolotl on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:19 am

I feel like, we should have a kind of serious discussion.
Like, about sexualities or something. Not on religion, 'cause that can get heated but you know. On other things.
Yay or nay?

_________________

Serious discussion, anyone? 24DBR
Serious discussion, anyone? EgcOp
“I have absolutely no pleasure in the stimulants in which I sometimes so madly indulge. It has not been in the pursuit of pleasure that I have periled life and reputation and reason. It has been the desperate attempt to escape from torturing memories, from a sense of insupportable loneliness and a dread of some strange impending doom.”
― Edgar Allan Poe

Back to top Go down

Leader

Dedicated Member

Leader
Dedicated Member

Posts : 137
Points : 144
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-11-15

Serious discussion, anyone? Empty Re: Serious discussion, anyone?

Post by Leader on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:25 am

Your choice.

Religion discussions don't turn into arguments all the time, its mostly cause of flamebait

Back to top Go down

Axolotl

Dedicated Member

Axolotl
Dedicated Member

Posts : 122
Points : 161
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-12-17
Age : 21
Location : Equestria

Serious discussion, anyone? Empty Re: Serious discussion, anyone?

Post by Axolotl on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:28 am

Leader wrote:Your choice.

Religion discussions don't turn into arguments all the time, its mostly cause of flamebait

Meh, people get really angry when you disprove something about their religion.
People need to learn to love and tolerate the shit out of each other and remain open-minded to all things.

_________________

Serious discussion, anyone? 24DBR
Serious discussion, anyone? EgcOp
“I have absolutely no pleasure in the stimulants in which I sometimes so madly indulge. It has not been in the pursuit of pleasure that I have periled life and reputation and reason. It has been the desperate attempt to escape from torturing memories, from a sense of insupportable loneliness and a dread of some strange impending doom.”
― Edgar Allan Poe

Back to top Go down

Leader

Dedicated Member

Leader
Dedicated Member

Posts : 137
Points : 144
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-11-15

Serious discussion, anyone? Empty Re: Serious discussion, anyone?

Post by Leader on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:29 am

Axolotl wrote:
Leader wrote:Your choice.

Religion discussions don't turn into arguments all the time, its mostly cause of flamebait

Meh, people get really angry when you disprove something about their religion.
People need to learn to love and tolerate the shit out of each other and remain open-minded to all things.

Alright, religion talk. Lets go.

What religion do you follow?

Back to top Go down

Axolotl

Dedicated Member

Axolotl
Dedicated Member

Posts : 122
Points : 161
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-12-17
Age : 21
Location : Equestria

Serious discussion, anyone? Empty Re: Serious discussion, anyone?

Post by Axolotl on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:35 am

Leader wrote:
Axolotl wrote:
Leader wrote:Your choice.

Religion discussions don't turn into arguments all the time, its mostly cause of flamebait

Meh, people get really angry when you disprove something about their religion.
People need to learn to love and tolerate the shit out of each other and remain open-minded to all things.

Alright, religion talk. Lets go.

What religion do you follow?

I am a Deist.
I believe that there is indeed a deity, but they doesn't intervene with life. That is the only thing I believe in my beliefs, there are no stories, holy books, churches, practices, and so on.
Yourself?

_________________

Serious discussion, anyone? 24DBR
Serious discussion, anyone? EgcOp
“I have absolutely no pleasure in the stimulants in which I sometimes so madly indulge. It has not been in the pursuit of pleasure that I have periled life and reputation and reason. It has been the desperate attempt to escape from torturing memories, from a sense of insupportable loneliness and a dread of some strange impending doom.”
― Edgar Allan Poe

Back to top Go down

Otaku

Ultimate Member

Otaku
Ultimate Member

Posts : 410
Points : 458
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-11-19
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere.

Serious discussion, anyone? Empty Re: Serious discussion, anyone?

Post by Otaku on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:44 am

Mind if I join in? I myself am an Atheist since young and I kinda just think that whatever happens is because of something explainable but that's been changing lately due to what my friends have been telling me and older generations sharing their life stories with me.

So a little swayed here but still a proud Atheist.

Back to top Go down

Axolotl

Dedicated Member

Axolotl
Dedicated Member

Posts : 122
Points : 161
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-12-17
Age : 21
Location : Equestria

Serious discussion, anyone? Empty Re: Serious discussion, anyone?

Post by Axolotl on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:49 am

RealistBG wrote:Mind if I join in? I myself am an Atheist since young and I kinda just think that whatever happens is because of something explainable but that's been changing lately due to what my friends have been telling me and older generations sharing their life stories with me.

So a little swayed here but still a proud Atheist.

I'll probably create a religion thread momentarily.
But I used to be an Atheist, but I don't see how there can't be a god, you know what I mean? Seems illogical to me.
But as a side note, I wouldn't take religious accounts and experiences to heart, ever. They're normally lies or hallucinations. All religious experiences I had when I was Christian, I ended up being able to explain with the magic of science and psychology.

_________________

Serious discussion, anyone? 24DBR
Serious discussion, anyone? EgcOp
“I have absolutely no pleasure in the stimulants in which I sometimes so madly indulge. It has not been in the pursuit of pleasure that I have periled life and reputation and reason. It has been the desperate attempt to escape from torturing memories, from a sense of insupportable loneliness and a dread of some strange impending doom.”
― Edgar Allan Poe

Back to top Go down

Otaku

Ultimate Member

Otaku
Ultimate Member

Posts : 410
Points : 458
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-11-19
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere.

Serious discussion, anyone? Empty Re: Serious discussion, anyone?

Post by Otaku on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:53 am

Yea, I know about the whole accounts and experiences being lies and/or hallucinations. But once again, I am kinda swaying on the fact that they're might actually be a God instead of just Science and even if there isn't one; there has to be some sort of higher power up there, so like I said, I'm swayed on what to believe right now but I'm sticking to Atheism for now until I can come to a choice that I myself agree with.

Plus, hearing about Deist has given me something to look into and it is somewhat like Atheism but you can believe that there is a higher power.

Back to top Go down

Axolotl

Dedicated Member

Axolotl
Dedicated Member

Posts : 122
Points : 161
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-12-17
Age : 21
Location : Equestria

Serious discussion, anyone? Empty Re: Serious discussion, anyone?

Post by Axolotl on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:57 am

RealistBG wrote:Yea, I know about the whole accounts and experiences being lies and/or hallucinations. But once again, I am kinda swaying on the fact that they're might actually be a God instead of just Science and even if there isn't one; there has to be some sort of higher power up there, so like I said, I'm swayed on what to believe right now but I'm sticking to Atheism for now until I can come to a choice that I myself agree with.

Plus, hearing about Deist has given me something to look into and it is somewhat like Atheism but you can believe that there is a higher power.

Yep.
I've bounced back and forth between a lot of religions, personally. Atheism, Christianity, Muslim, Theism, Pantheism, and so on.
If you feel like learning about religions you might be interested in, try out these:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism

[EDIT]
By the way, you have to copy and paste the links because I can't post direct links for 7 more days.

_________________

Serious discussion, anyone? 24DBR
Serious discussion, anyone? EgcOp
“I have absolutely no pleasure in the stimulants in which I sometimes so madly indulge. It has not been in the pursuit of pleasure that I have periled life and reputation and reason. It has been the desperate attempt to escape from torturing memories, from a sense of insupportable loneliness and a dread of some strange impending doom.”
― Edgar Allan Poe

Back to top Go down

Otaku

Ultimate Member

Otaku
Ultimate Member

Posts : 410
Points : 458
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-11-19
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere.

Serious discussion, anyone? Empty Re: Serious discussion, anyone?

Post by Otaku on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:59 am

Alrightly, I'll take a look into them once I eat; eating at 3am in the morning can never be good for you. :C. But thank you for your input on my somewhat personal religion dilemma, I'll make sure to read up on those links you posted in a bit.

Back to top Go down

Axolotl

Dedicated Member

Axolotl
Dedicated Member

Posts : 122
Points : 161
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-12-17
Age : 21
Location : Equestria

Serious discussion, anyone? Empty Re: Serious discussion, anyone?

Post by Axolotl on Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:03 pm

RealistBG wrote:Alrightly, I'll take a look into them once I eat; eating at 3am in the morning can never be good for you. :C. But thank you for your input on my somewhat personal religion dilemma, I'll make sure to read up on those links you posted in a bit.

It's 2:02PM here :3
And your welcome, good luck with the food situation. Razz

_________________

Serious discussion, anyone? 24DBR
Serious discussion, anyone? EgcOp
“I have absolutely no pleasure in the stimulants in which I sometimes so madly indulge. It has not been in the pursuit of pleasure that I have periled life and reputation and reason. It has been the desperate attempt to escape from torturing memories, from a sense of insupportable loneliness and a dread of some strange impending doom.”
― Edgar Allan Poe

Back to top Go down

Leader

Dedicated Member

Leader
Dedicated Member

Posts : 137
Points : 144
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-11-15

Serious discussion, anyone? Empty Re: Serious discussion, anyone?

Post by Leader on Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:11 pm

Axolotl wrote:
Leader wrote:
Axolotl wrote:
Leader wrote:Your choice.

Religion discussions don't turn into arguments all the time, its mostly cause of flamebait

Meh, people get really angry when you disprove something about their religion.
People need to learn to love and tolerate the shit out of each other and remain open-minded to all things.

Alright, religion talk. Lets go.

What religion do you follow?

I am a Deist.
I believe that there is indeed a deity, but they doesn't intervene with life. That is the only thing I believe in my beliefs, there are no stories, holy books, churches, practices, and so on.
Yourself?

Family: Strictly Muslim
Me: Agnostic

I do love the idea of religions but I dont find any believable .-.

Back to top Go down

ジョンWZエディタ♬

Ultimate Member

ジョンWZエディタ♬
Ultimate Member

Posts : 923
Points : 946
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-07-09
Age : 21
Location : 秋葉原

Serious discussion, anyone? Empty Re: Serious discussion, anyone?

Post by ジョンWZエディタ♬ on Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:18 pm

Religions are weird a bit o-o
Sometimes you feel like you need to believe in something but then after several thoughts you think that's not realistic :<

Back to top Go down

Knives

Ultimate Member

Knives
Ultimate Member

Posts : 1784
Points : 2183
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2011-04-20
Age : 24

Serious discussion, anyone? Empty Re: Serious discussion, anyone?

Post by Knives on Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:31 pm

I don't follow a specific religion :/. (Everyone always thinks of me as unholy or something when I say this.)

Back to top Go down

Otaku

Ultimate Member

Otaku
Ultimate Member

Posts : 410
Points : 458
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-11-19
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere.

Serious discussion, anyone? Empty Re: Serious discussion, anyone?

Post by Otaku on Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:49 pm

⑨_Knives wrote:I don't follow a specific religion :/. (Everyone always thinks of me as unholy or something when I say this.)


Just shows you simply have your own mindset and don't want to follow a set of things to believe on.

It's called being human. o-o

Back to top Go down

Villian

Ultimate Member

Villian
Ultimate Member

Posts : 229
Points : 271
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-12-13
Age : 23
Location : GA

Serious discussion, anyone? Empty Re: Serious discussion, anyone?

Post by Villian on Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:20 pm

Im muslim. 0.o Shia side. imami current living day leader. Prince aga khan. 0.o so yea.

_________________
Support Team Leader



Signatures:
Serious discussion, anyone? Image
Serious discussion, anyone? X2nxxu
Serious discussion, anyone? 2rdl1cg
Serious discussion, anyone? Wtf-girl-photo-squirt-gun-fights-are-awesome
[center]

Back to top Go down

RayStormX

Video contest winner

RayStormX
Video contest winner

Posts : 1970
Points : 2246
Reputation : 132
Join date : 2011-10-05
Age : 27
Location : California

Serious discussion, anyone? Empty Re: Serious discussion, anyone?

Post by RayStormX on Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:41 pm

A catholic who doesn't always agree with the teachings of the Church. I'm not a sheep, heh. There is no evidence to prove nor disprove that a God or multiple gods exist, so it would appear to me that agnostics have the best position in terms of logic.

I was brought up as a Catholic, and I suppose I owe it to my family to stay that way, even if I'm not necessarily devout, but some things with the church I can resonate with. specifically blasphemy involving luck or supernatural spirits. If you're catholic, did you know the church thinks that luck or supernatural phenomena is basically bullshit to us? Or supposed to be, anyway.

_________________
GM!RayStormX   &  Zweihander
Status:: Offline indefinitely
If you have been unfairly banned, PM me and I'll help you the best I can.

Back to top Go down

Axolotl

Dedicated Member

Axolotl
Dedicated Member

Posts : 122
Points : 161
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-12-17
Age : 21
Location : Equestria

Serious discussion, anyone? Empty Re: Serious discussion, anyone?

Post by Axolotl on Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:28 pm

Raystormx wrote:A catholic who doesn't always agree with the teachings of the Church. I'm not a sheep, heh. There is no evidence to prove nor disprove that a God or multiple gods exist, so it would appear to me that agnostics have the best position in terms of logic.

I was brought up as a Catholic, and I suppose I owe it to my family to stay that way, even if I'm not necessarily devout, but some things with the church I can resonate with. specifically blasphemy involving luck or supernatural spirits. If you're catholic, did you know the church thinks that luck or supernatural phenomena is basically bullshit to us? Or supposed to be, anyway.

There are plenty other faiths out there other than Catholic and as you said even Agnosticism is in a good position in terms of logic (I personally believe Deism to be in the best position), but you owe to your family to be a Catholic? I don't quite understand. Perhaps it's because I have a family whom I care very little for, but I would appreciate if you elaborated.

_________________

Serious discussion, anyone? 24DBR
Serious discussion, anyone? EgcOp
“I have absolutely no pleasure in the stimulants in which I sometimes so madly indulge. It has not been in the pursuit of pleasure that I have periled life and reputation and reason. It has been the desperate attempt to escape from torturing memories, from a sense of insupportable loneliness and a dread of some strange impending doom.”
― Edgar Allan Poe

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content




Serious discussion, anyone? Empty Re: Serious discussion, anyone?

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum